Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski sunday when you were a kid.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

Ah, the halcyon days of Rugby Special and Ski Sunday of an evening, watching en famille by the fire. Crumpets one week, muffins the next.

Sunday night=bath night then toast grilled on the open fire Very Happy

T'anks for the memories.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gamekeeper, I have a first edition of James Riddell's 1958 "The ski runs of Austria", still useful to-day!
As for Skiing and Ski Sunday, I started skiing in order to keep with younger bro', sporting and social competitiveness knows no bounds between bros. In those days we had cash to splash, single and carefree!! Been skiing since 19__ when I was __ , many years later I have still got the same enthusiasm born on the the first trip to Livigno. As for Ski Sunday, a highly contentious issue, as previous posts have proved and to-day's report in the Daily Mail. Loved the original way back when and Vince's infectious commentary.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

They didn't build it until about '89.

Oh I thought it had been around for ever as my brother learnt there. Can't believe it had such a short hay day.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm 44 and I remember watching Konrad Bartekski too. Also I didn't know anyone who skied and grew up in the North West!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
Quote:

Ah, the halcyon days of Rugby Special and Ski Sunday of an evening, watching en famille by the fire. Crumpets one week, muffins the next.

Sunday night=bath night then toast grilled on the open fire Very Happy

T'anks for the memories.

Good, isn't it?

Am already trying to persuade Miss Slackal that this is the way Sunday nights shall be. She's only 12 weeks old*, but she's learning fast!

*and yes, she really is THAT adorably beautiful. Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Carlos the Slackal, aw. Congratulations.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bode Swiller, thanks for the You Tube link to Val Gardena 1981. I still regularly quote the "We've had sensations, but this would really out-do everything" line from David Vine to cover particularly unusual events on family holidays. The kids love my David Vine impersonations, though the Good Lady isn't so sure...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Flying Snowplough wrote:
The kids love my David Vine impersonations, though the Good Lady isn't so sure...
Hmmm, she may have a point. Can't be many DV impersonators out there. Get well soon.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bode Swiller wrote:
Can't be many DV impersonators out there.

We are certainly less numerous than Elvis impersonators, but a gig consisting of Ski Sunday in the first half and Snooker after the interval certainly packs in the punters. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The Flying Snowplough, you're not improving the picture here
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The Flying Snowplough wrote:
Bode Swiller wrote:
Can't be many DV impersonators out there.

We are certainly less numerous than Elvis impersonators, but a gig consisting of Ski Sunday in the first half and Snooker after the interval certainly packs in the punters. Very Happy

Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I watched Ski sunday every weekend and loved it Alberto tomba was my fav!
stayed very close to Cairngorm so was up every weekend that it wasn't stormbound ,,,and also many when it shodul have been deemed as such and closed
My dad took us but didn't ski himself and mum would come occasionaly and ski with us ... but we were too quick for her:-)

I used to hum the ski sunday them tune as we wheeched down the hill

then came the no snow years.. we had season passes every year and then no snow.. can't remember the year 1988..89...90 maybe and we stopped going:-(

long time passed, all grown up now and ski holiday is the only one i want Happy love it
normaly to canada every 2 years ( countdown 5 weeks this saturday ) but we managed a last minute wee week in bulgaria last year... AND the FIS race was on - It was mental busy but we loved watching the race - and they kept cutting the camera to this older chap in the crowd everytime they did the crowd went mental - no english translation on the go so didn't know who he was
got home and watched the race to find out it was ALBERTO the man himself and i hadn't even known it... probably a good thing:-)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy