Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mission (Almost) Accomplished...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
On Thursday with a good base at all levels across the five Scottish Snowsport Areas, I hit the slopes at Glenshee with the intention of riding all five Scottish Snowsport Areas within five days as the start of half term loomed.

^Glenshee Thu 7th Feb: Butchart's Access and Carn Aosda from the base area.
Full Report & pix: http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=853

Originally my plan had been to get both the Lecht and CairnGorm Mountain in on the Friday and move to the West on Saturday and Nevis Range!

Had I stuck to the original plan I’d have got the five areas done in four days, however having managed to bag B&B in the Caledonian Hotel in Fort William for £19 for Sunday night - I spent the day at the Lecht on Friday.

^Lecht Fri 8th Feb: Boarder heads down the Eagle as another snow shower engulfs the Lecht.
Full Report & pix: http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=854

With a full day at the Lecht on Friday, it was back home to Inverness, then up CairnGorm Mountain on the Saturday. Inevitably busy on the hill, but despite a couple of user mishap induced lift outages for most of the day queues were not bad and when they did pop up to any extent could usually be avoided. Excellent cover top to bottom and it's got better with all the drifting Sun & Monday.

^CairnGorm Sat 9th Feb: Good cover top to bottom, boarder hitting box in the small terrain park on the lower slopes.
Full Report & pix: http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=855

A day practicing ’Jedi Skiing’ at Glencoe on Sunday in incessant snow fall saw four areas in four days. But Nevis was StormBound, the SE wind that was blowing the snow around Glencoe was howling at Nevis and with the same windspeed forecast for Monday, left me with a bit of concern!

^Glencoe Sun 10th Feb: Boarders contemplate the lower half of the low level Access Run below the main snowsports area. 2400ft vertical currently possible!
Full Report & pix: http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=857

Alas tucking into a hearty breakfast while overlooking Loch Linnhe and the snow capped hills on the North Shore, the news that the wind was gusting 60-70mph at the top of the Gondola at Nevis Range. By 9am the next review was noon and not looking hopeful and with nothing happening on CairnGorm, it was a 30mile backtrack to Glencoe - a very worthwhile 30miles it was too!

It turned out to be a superb day on the slopes of Meall a’ Bhuiridh and five good if varied consecutive days sliding in Scotland. (Also repeated trips up ladders deicing cams and weather stations at Glencoe!)

^Back to Glencoe - Good sport for all!
Full Report & pix: http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=858

On Tuesday it’s back to CairnGorm, may not be much sliding - wee project in hand! Wink

There's more photos and reports from recent days also posted in the Scotland Thread in the Snow Reports forum here.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 12-02-13 14:01; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How did you manage to get B&B for £19 in the Caledonian Hotel?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
swiftoid, laterooms booked Friday morning (the evening beforehand was £39). I stayed there on Friday night for £19 and Saturday's £19 room rate was bookable too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
moffatross, cheers.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
looking good up there!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
swiftoid, I prob shouldn't have told the world about that, may have shot myself in the foot somewhat! Laughing

Anyway, as Moffatross says is the answer. Keep an eye on laterooms, there is certainly some bargins to be had.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy