Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Annual Insurance policy inc wintersports is the best

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, Our annual insurance policy is due to renewal at the end of the month, we currently have a policy thourgh SCGB (sorry) the European 30 days skiing PA level, as it seemed to have the best cover for skiing, which if ever needed I think needs to have full cover for recovery off the mountain and back home if needed. Thankfully never had to claim other than piste closure a few years ago, which paid out OK after providing the required info. Does anyone have any recommendations for better alternatives Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think you must tell us what level you are looking to cover. For example, racing organised by tour operators or the ski school after a weeks lessons is a different scale to FIS racers! Off piste can matter. Our annual insurance is high because it does cover lots but we could insure for less if we didn't need the level of cover we have. Don' under insure .... But it is expensive and pointless to over insure!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
consider that if its an annual policy, its not exclusively for skiiing.
Summer activities, gerneral travel insurance, for other family/solo trips need to be part of the consideration.
I'm using dog tag currently, no view to change.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Here we go again. Oh well, mustn't be grumpy.
Look at BMC, see if it suits you.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We've used SCGB for a few years and been happy. covers all the skiing we need plus our other sport of bicycle road racing, so pretty comprehensive. Only experience of claiming was this year when my wife suffered a slipped disc on way to the Alps and they have covered all expenses including lift passes, doctors, hospital and flew her back in a private plane.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
try Insure and Go (google it) Puzzled

I get the best cover worldwide including good ski cover and cover for my pre-existing medical conditions. £108 for the year for me and the Mrs.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Protect your bubble - seemed reasonable for my family - covering worldwide annual and winter sports - its due for renewal but I paid £81.59 - thats 2 adults and a teenager
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There is no annual insurance policy that is blanket best for everyone, it depends on your needs.
Some have great ski coverage but no coverage if one of your suppliers fail. Some will cover travel interruption a la volcanic ash style, some won't. You really have to shop around for cover for your needs and check it covers what you want. Some specifically exclude park use or using any many made obstacle (jumps). Many (most?) are either sketchy when it comes to off-piste or only cover off piste with a guide, others cover off piste but exclude "search and rescue" costs. etc etc
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Used DogTag until this year (when they changed their theft of skis from outside bars policy).

Took out a policy with Fogg Travel which seems to cover the things I want. Haven't had to claim - which is where the true test of a policy provider comes!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I left DogTag for the same reason and went with mpi instead who only require you to split your skis with someone else. Plus they offer unlimited days/trips per annum too for the same price.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you are looking for off piste coverage I found MPI Brokers thd best
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
achilles wrote:
Here we go again. Oh well, mustn't be grumpy.
Look at BMC, see if it suits you.

I took your advise and they were astronomically expensive. For comparison I also got similar quotes for annual Family travel cover (2 adults,2 kids) which also covered skiing from the Coop and Post Office and both were around £150 and the BMC was £444. Shocked

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sun 17-03-13 16:29; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
When I've been shopping round the factors which make the big difference to price are trip length (I need up to 60 days), unlimited winter sports and off piste without a guide. If you don't need those 3 you don't have to pay big money to get decent cover.

I was paid out very quickly by snowcard recently and they were helpfully flexible about how to organise repatriation.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've just claimed through Dogtag and found them less than straightforward (this was my first claim on travel insurance in over 40 years - I've been lucky!). They outsource their claims to another company so I wasn't actually dealing directly with them, but a company they presumably trust. First of all they said I could only claim for a cancelled flight if I was actually at the airport - I pointed out that if I was told on Saturday that my Sunday flight was cancelled it seemed a bit pointless to go to the airport. Then they said that there had to be a delay of greater than 12 hours (I pointed out there was). I was about to contact Dogtag directly to complain when the cheque arrived. I think they just try it on to dissuade the less than diligent from pursuing their claims.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy