Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR: Ski Amadé Feb 2013

Poster: A snowHead
Just back from a fab long week in Ski Amadé and already itching to go back.

It's a huge ski area, I still feel like I have only really scratched the surface, you can literally ski a different resort/area every day, all on one lift pass, or with the Salzburg Super Ski pass (just a few euros more), you have an absolutely massive choice of ski areas. It's all good cruisey stuff, well-prepared pistes, lots of tree-lined runs, mostly fast lifts (many with heated seats), excellent and very friendly mountain huts, views to die for, everything I want from a ski holiday and more.

The weather was perfect if you like snow. It snowed on and off all week, I'm not used to deep fresh snow on piste, I'm more of a whizz at the hard scratchy stuff but this was a whole new experience and loads of fun. Not much of a tan though! wink

I can't thank the Ski Amadé snowheads enough for skiing with me, and generally being fab company and showing me all the best places. Special mention to the wonderful flangesax family and of course Samerberg Sue who has been a complete star and fantastic friend all week. I was also privileged to ski with kooky and friend, waynos and son, espri and deerman amongst others.

I won't say too much about the hotel. Sadly there wasn't room at the flangesax inn or Sue's favourite hotel in Altenmarkt, so we ended up at Fawlty Towers, just without the humour factor. But there was no way I was letting a weird hotel spoil my perfect holiday.

For me this is the essence of snowheads, yes there's plenty of puerile trolling and amusing wind-ups, but there's also plenty of opportunities to meet and ski with fabulous people, not to mention the vast stores of not just ski-related advice. So to whoever said "it's frightening", wake up and smell the Glühwein, it's actually amazing...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Excellent stuff queen bodecia, we're heading out there this season.

And well said on your last paragraph.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
queen bodecia, At least we have booked the Rosner for the same week next season already just make sure we are not forced back to Fawlty Towers! It was a fun week, even if I was not up to as much piste-bashing as you. I don't think I have covered as much of the Ski Amadé region as I did last week, it was fun, especially the Leogang-Saalbach day.

Check your dates for March -we'll find somewhere to hang out other than FT! Laughing Going to be weird skiing this week without you on my shoulder! wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
queen bodecia, "A satisfied customer. We should have him stuffed"
http://youtube.com/v/TFMpySg_UrM

Glad you enjoyed ski amade. I didn't realise your snowhead handle, until now.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
queen bodecia, thanks for your awesome company, and skiing with our children. Great week, come back soon. Ange x
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
queen bodecia, sounds like a great holiday. Just goes to show that you needn't let rubbish accommodation spoil it - it's not about where you spend the nights, it about what you do during the day. snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
queen bodecia, it was great to finally meet you after all the "near misses" !!
I have to say, the "Breakfastgate" incident still makes me grin, I can´t seem to look at a cup of coffee and a croissant in the same light Wink

Hurry back soon ! xx
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kooky, Oi it was my coffee, my cup and my croissant! I still can't work put why it should have cost flangesax 5 Euro when I had already paid for it! BTW there was no charge on either my or queen bee's bill when we settled up! Viel Lärm über gar nichts am Ende Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dont forget the egg ladies! Ange x
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
and the free"in - house entertainment" Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lovely trip report. I seem to have developed a new habit, which is frequently to check the rooom availability on the austrian-adventures website...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
don't check it too often.... it's never accurate!....
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
flangesax, oh, OK, thanks for the tip!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pedantica, it has hot and cold running stream Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
So I have 5 days off in March (19th-23rd) and I'm very tempted to go back. Just looking at flights at the moment. It seems I will have to be at the mercy of Ryanair since no one else flies to Austria on weekdays and my usual Lufthansa Brum to Munich route is hideously expensive at such short notice. Are Ryanair really that much of a nightmare and to be avoided at all costs? I realise it costs £150 to take luggage and skis with them, effectively doubling the cost of the flights. Might be worth hiring skis instead...
snow report
queen bodecia, If you play by their rules then I find them perfectly OK.

Hiring skis sounds like a plan for 5 days. Go for it.
snow report
What was the hotel name you stayed at. Be good to know the name so we can avoid it for future trips ?
latest report
queen bodecia, Should have left your skis with me then wink I would have had them serviced for you by the time you come back as well!

I'm sure we can find a pair from the many knocking around the many we have between us out here snowHead

jimmybog, you'll need to PM us as we agreed not to actually name it on the open thread.
ski holidays
€82 to rent skis for 4 days so definitely cheaper than £100 to take them by Ryanair. I assume Ryanair just don't want to pay ground staff to handle luggage... rolling eyes
snow conditions
Quote:

Are Ryanair really that much of a nightmare and to be avoided at all costs?

definitely not to be avoided at the cost of missing out on 5 days skiing.
ski holidays
queen bodecia, thanks for whetting my appetite. Out at the [b[ flangesax's[/b] at the beginning of March Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Freddie Paellahead wrote:
queen bodecia, thanks for whetting my appetite. Out at the [b[ flangesax's[/b] at the beginning of March Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Ditto Little Angel
snow report
Freddie Paellahead, Richard E, fun times ahead. Very Happy Ange
snow report
Hurrah! I'm going back 19th-23rd March! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
queen bodecia, don't mess the place up for us Laughing , we're out to flangesax's a week later.
snow conditions
queen bodecia, Fantastic to hear you had such a great time, I'm back to Ski Amade in 2 weeks cant wait snowHead as for Ryanair we've flown with them countless times and have never faulted them, cheap and always on time for us!
ski holidays
queen bodecia, that's around the time I was looking at (20th-25th more precisely). Don't think the budget will stand a March trip, unfortunately.
latest report
Pedantica, I'm going to be living on bread and water for the month, but it will be worth it! wink

feefee, thanks. Save some snow for me and hammerite!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
queen bodecia, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
queen bodecia, Good news, we'll leave some snow for you.
snow report
Sounds a great trip guys!

queen bodecia wrote:
Hurrah! I'm going back 19th-23rd March! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
oh, be plenty of snowHeads around that week Very Happy

Quote:
Are Ryanair really that much of a nightmare and to be avoided at all costs? I realise it costs £150 to take luggage and skis with them, effectively doubling the cost of the flights.
Nah, they are no worse than anyone else in my experience. (And if the final cost costs in, it doesn't actually matter that the luggage has doubled it does it ?)

Samerberg Sue wrote:
Viel Lärm über gar nichts am Ende Laughing
That's easy for you to say! wink
snow conditions
Tarquin, you coming to visit the zoo again then? wink That's brave of you! Laughing

OK let's have a headcount of visitors - who is coming out when through March then? I may just have to ask for some more Home Office time! Toofy Grin
snow report
Samerberg Sue, the 4 of us 2-9th (Radstadt).
ski holidays
Tarquin, glad to hear it Very Happy
snow report
Samerberg Sue, I'll be in Maria Alm 2-9 march snowHead
snow conditions
30th March for me - far too far away Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
An Ang & Ben's place-full of us, 16th-23rd March.
I'll be bringing Minstrels & Mint Aeros, want some Jelly Babies Sue? Laughing
snow report
Tarquin, Yeth pleese! Laughing Bite their heads off, ............ Toofy Grin

I can see March being a fun month one way or another!
latest report
By the way, just sat here listening to Hubert von Goisern! Laughing
ski holidays
Tarquin, I knew you were a convert! wink Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy