Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

GoPro HERO 3 edit from last week in the Dolomites!

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Just a quick edit from Val Gardena ski area from footage i took with my GoPro... Hope you enjoy!

http://youtube.com/v/sKgTPNOvX8s

New EDIT from Mayrhofen last week Smile

http://youtube.com/v/PuTVNFuEvx4

Comments and criticism on video and skiing very welcome! LOL... Very Happy

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 20-03-13 15:15; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
On choice of soundtrack: unless you are at least as awesome as Hoji, be cautious about using a track that also features in an MSP film wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Serriadh wrote:
On choice of soundtrack: unless you are at least as awesome as Hoji, be cautious about using a track that also features in an MSP film wink

Yeah I know but that sound track gives me great memories of that film! I know my little GP edit is nothing in comparison but I can only dream lol... Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Happy Lotsa good music out there though. Re-using music invites comparison; go your own way!

POV cameras suck for recording your own jumps and stuff, unless they're really big or flippy spinny stuff. More trees and pillows instead. And do em faster Twisted Evil

(edit: wasn't just hoji with that backing track; abma's extra got it too, and by a happy coincidence msp have posted it
Mark Abma Athlete Edit from Matchstick Productions
online, so thanks for the reminder!)

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 11-02-13 23:21; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Serriadh wrote:
Happy Lotsa good music out there though. Re-using music invites comparison; go your own way!

POV cameras suck for recording your own jumps and stuff, unless they're really big or flippy spinny stuff. More trees and pillows instead. And do em faster Twisted Evil

(edit: the sequence with the same music wasn't hoji at all but mark abma, and by a happy coincidence msp have posted it
Mark Abma Athlete Edit from Matchstick Productions
online, so thanks for the reminder!)

LOL...I know what you guys mean re-using a track from a MSP film but I just love it! Only hard core ski fans will know its of Superhero's of stoke anyway Neh Neh

POV is crap but when skiing on your own you have no choice! I love film making and its hard when I normally use a good DSLR and sliders tripods etc.. but when you only get a few weeks a year I need to just try and enjoy skiing.

My first go at skiing in any sort of deep ish snow and not really knowing where your going means skiing slowly to avoid cliff's etc. Would have loved to have done the same runs a few times to build speed but oh well

Little Angel
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
TC MEDIA wrote:
POV is crap but when skiing on your own you have no choice!

Ahh, solo? I can see how that would make it more of a hassle. Still, you can always hang the camera from a tree and do another lap if it isn't too busy wink

POV certainly isn't crap for everything, but its a challenging perspective to pull off well. There was some stuff I saw last year where a guy had the camera mounted on a stick coming out of his rucksack... think it was awkward to make the mount stable and yet not a liability in trees, but the result was quite neat. No idea where to begin looking for it though!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Serriadh wrote:
TC MEDIA wrote:
POV is crap but when skiing on your own you have no choice!

Ahh, solo? I can see how that would make it more of a hassle. Still, you can always hang the camera from a tree and do another lap if it isn't too busy wink

POV certainly isn't crap for everything, but its a challenging perspective to pull off well. There was some stuff I saw last year where a guy had the camera mounted on a stick coming out of his rucksack... think it was awkward to make the mount stable and yet not a liability in trees, but the result was quite neat. No idea where to begin looking for it though!

Yeah I have seen that mount, Its a scorpion mount. I made one last year from a mono pod but like you said it was not very stable Sad

Like the idea of a camera in a tree and do a few laps lol....
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Found it: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/230856-POV-over-the-shoulder-a-la-Mike-Douglas-recipe
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Funny I can't quite work out if you're using a helmet mount (cam pointed down) or a harness mount, and I sort of know what I'm doing with a GoPro.

I stick all my films up on Vimeo now as there's no hassle with the sound track you use, famous last words.

Think it's good to see other skiers, but as you know that can be quite difficult, especially in the trees.

This was last Fridays vid, which I happen to think is my best ever, though obviously helped by the conditions. Though do think trees help to make it far more interesting just like some of the drops etc in yours, where as nice wide open freeride powder bowls might come across as a bit bland ?

Bareges tree skiing in The Pyrenees from Weathercam
http://vimeo.com/59298434

And then just when you're feeling smug about your vid you watch this Sad

http://youtube.com/v/8DTfGirT8eY

Anyway their trees did not look as tight or have the little bushes between them to really catch you out!

We daren't wear the handle on our ABS packs !
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Weathercam wrote:
Funny I can't quite work out if you're using a helmet mount (cam pointed down) or a harness mount, and I sort of know what I'm doing with a GoPro.

I stick all my films up on Vimeo now as there's no hassle with the sound track you use, famous last words.

Think it's good to see other skiers, but as you know that can be quite difficult, especially in the trees.

This was last Fridays vid, which I happen to think is my best ever, though obviously helped by the conditions. Though do think trees help to make it far more interesting just like some of the drops etc in yours, where as nice wide open freeride powder bowls might come across as a bit bland ?

Bareges tree skiing in The Pyrenees from Weathercam
http://vimeo.com/59298434

And then just when you're feeling smug about your vid you watch this Sad

http://youtube.com/v/8DTfGirT8eY

Anyway their trees did not look as tight or have the little bushes between them to really catch you out!

We daren't wear the handle on our ABS packs !

Sweet video man!

Mine were shot on a chest and helmet mount plus a ski pole mount.

I know what you mean about tight tree's, you look a lot more agile than me as its my first real time skiing off piste/trees so I found it a hard new skill to learn skiing in deep snow and turns are very different than on piste!

I would love to ski with mates off piste and get some great film! May be next year some will come out and ski/film. For now though its just me and the gopro lol..
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
FWIW based on the first part of the video...........please don't lean back, you will feck your knees fairly sharpish
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Great Vids, snow looks great.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kitenski wrote:
FWIW based on the first part of the video...........please don't lean back, you will feck your knees fairly sharpish

No to sure what you mean here?

I know you need to center weight more off piste but im not understanding how you will damage your knees leaning back? Im very new to off piste so please any tips welcome. Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Up dated first post with a new edit from mayrhofen Smile
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
we were in the Dolomites the week before ( 1st -9th Mar) and our guide did some Gopro filming of us (this is off his website - sorry it is rather long).

http://vimeo.com/62088189

TC MEDIA, You lose control leaning back and binding release is least effective in a backwards fall - it works either from a forward fall or a sharp twist sideways on the toe so a backwards fall often ends in knee damage.
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/mHGIL-TX5Q4
latest report

http://youtube.com/v/fUzKT_qAtms
latest report
Snowdragon. I had thought about using Fun in a recent Video of a BC trip. Great track. Was that 4 weeks ago in Les Arcs by any chance?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy