Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Weather warning Brenta Dolomites

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Italian Met Office have issed a weather warning out for early this week in the brenta dolomites.

Big snow on the way

Details here
http://www.brentaski.com/pages/holiday_weather_forecast.html
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That's great Very Happy

Just in time for our trip out!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just looked at snow-forecast.com and it's not showing anywhere near as much as the local forecasts, let's hope the locals are right!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rubbish, that means I've just missed a powder day!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dead late at night (or early morning) as just got back from a night out in Verona. Coming up the road from the valley went past loads and loads of cars just abandoned by the side of the road. Some of em even had chains on but when the snow is over your bumpers, those cheap supermarket chains ain’t much use. But me, in my 3.5 tons (high off the road) 17 seater transit with 16mm industrial chains on just ploughed on up.

Think may need to wear a cape and my undies on the outside of my trousers ( Toofy Grin )now as on the way up the access road picked up 2 families (and a shed load of baggage) one with a very young baby and brought em up to their hotels.

The ploughs are out but they can only do so much and after an hour the road looks like it’s not been cleaned at all.

But no pow-play for me tomorrow Crying or Very sad . Beginners from 9 to 11. Lower intermediates from 11 to 1. Then someone has booked a 3 hour private from 1:30.

And it's still coming down thick and fast Very Happy

stevew wrote:
Just looked at snow-forecast.com

Me too and I also just looked out of the window. That site is wrong

Edit:
Just seen the local cop off down the road in a cross between a piste-basher and a car (wierd looking vehicle). He will clear the snow off any cars he finds so he can make sure no-one is stuck inside.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just looked at the webcams, looks really good.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wayne wrote:
But me, in my 3.5 tons (high off the road) 17 seater transit with 16mm industrial chains on just ploughed on up.

Fuel thawed out then?

Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wayne, loads of warnings being put out on German TV and radio to warn truck drivers that the Brenner is closed to all HGVs over 7 tonnes. The radio this morning was saying that the Brenner is only open to cars today and they have to have snow chains on! Problems on the elevated sections between Sterzing and Brenner itself I was told!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Blimey. Looks like I got back over the Brenner just in time then. Was clear Sunday, but starting to snow on the way down the Innsbruck side.
Have followed a snow plough over there before now.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
andy, just checked the ÖMAC site and all the routes into Italy from Austria are closed to HGVs over 7.5 tonnes! They have them parked up on the inside lane of the A93 between Rosenheim and Kiefersfelden and the same on the A2 Villach to Udine. sounds like you got out "just in time"! Snowing quite heavily here in Oberbayern right now as well!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wayne, Give us an update then please as to how much actually fell? SCGB website gives 10cm for Madonna.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
tessaventer wrote:
Wayne, Give us an update then please as to how much actually fell? SCGB website gives 10cm for Madonna.

Oner hour 15 minutes worth of digging my van out the next morning fell.

At least 35cm fell in Folgarida town centre.

Oh and don't believe the SCGB website. It seems to me the SCGB is full of people would like to be able to ski and is run by people who used to be able to ski. So, if we all just ignore it, it will go away eventually.

The brenner pass must be open now as the wall (of lorries) is back in the slow lane of the motorway on the way down to verona.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wayne, you might not have picked up on this http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=97783

Your area of expertise, esp the ski school bit.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chasseur,

Sorry can't coment on that as have past over some info to the people concerned (not in the forum) so would be wrong to start now
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wayne, no apology needed....was just conveying something that the OP must have PMd you about, evidently rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy