Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix (or other resort near Geneva) - offpiste group Sat 23/Sun 24 Feb

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, are there any people going to Chamonix area (or other resort near Geneva) on the weekend Sat 23/Sun 24th for off piste trips with a guide and would have space for one more? Found myself free on that weekend and keen to see if I could squeeze in some skiing. I'm an experienced skier with all my own avigear and in reasonably fit condition so should be able to keep up with most groups and definitely dont mind hiking to find good snow. Let me know. Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I saw someone (male) on a Dutch Forum, for that weekend, matching your ski desires in Avoriaz

If you want me to post over there for you, I can...they were going to be driving
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hrc, you can also phone the guide companies here and join an existing group for that weekend.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
zero-g, are there any particular companies you'd recommend to try? the times I've been to chamonix before the guide has been arranged by someone else.

Thanks HeidiAmsterdam, I'd try chamonix first, but might PM you if the Avoriaz option sounds like the only one around. really appreciate the offer to help.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hrc, I've always been happy with Evolution 2. All barring one of their guides and instructors I've used have been Chamonix locals and all speak English. Give them a call, tell them your dates and that you'd like to join a group.

As has been mentioned in another thread, that is during the French school hols but since you'll be off piste that shouldn't affect you.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Zero G, will give that a try tomorrow and see if they've got slots available, fingers crossed. Thanks for your help.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hrc, TRy ZigZag in Samoens if they have places/availability OP is awesome in the GM at the moment.

ZigZag Ecole de Ski Internationale
Samoëns | Morillon | Grand Massif

46 Rue de la Gare - Samoëns 74340 - France
+33 (0)6 31 20 44 10 | info@zigzagski.com | www.zigzagski.com
Twitter : @zigzagski
Facebook : ZigZag Ski
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Got response today from Evolution 2 and it seems that they're only running standard Vallee Blanche trips (which i've done) or offer private guiding (too expensive alone), so unfortunately that didnt seem to work out.

Will definitely try ZigZag in Samoens and hopefully they'd have something, website looks promising. Thanks for recommending that one Jivebaby.

Otherwise if anyone out there has other outfits to endorse in the area with good links from Geneva airport, then very interested to hear about them. Or even better has room in a guided group, pls let me know.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hrc, should have said ZigZag offer abseiling down to I reachable terrains, so I'd suggest you mention that I'd you call them.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy