Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are here any German native speakers? Help me out with Austrian hotels's owners.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
I'm trying to make a downpayment to a hotel in Austria but I have a failure communication with a hotel's owner. He\she doesn't speak English so I try to use an online translator to translate English to German. I need to know the first name and surname of the account holder and that should be only one person, as I understand they send me names of two people for some reason "Tobias u. Astrid Fankhauser"="Tobias and Astrid Fankhauser" am I right? There is a full text below, the first one is a latter from the hotel

Lieber Herr Konstantinov,
Sie haben bei uns über Booking.com ein Zimmer gebucht.
Wir bitten Sie eine Anzahlung von Euro 42 ,-- zu überweisen. (30 % der Buchungssumme)
Unsere Bankaten:
BIC/SWIFT: *******
IBAN: AT ****************
Vielen Dank und wir freuen uns auf Ihr Kommen.
Schöne Grüße aus dem Zillertal
P.S. Für Fragen stehen wir Ihnen jederzeit gerne zur Verfügung.

Hello
Can we talk in English or only Austrian?

Hello,
sorry but we need an account for you booking by booking com.
Regards
Forellenhof Linde
Astrid

Hello
1) Can you write your name and surname for bank transfer?
2) Do you have a paypal account(www.paypal.com) or a moneybookers account(www.moneybookers.com)? It's a cheaper way to transfer money than a bank transfer.
Thanks

He´llo,
our name of the bank is: BTV Mayrhofen
Best regards
Astrid
Forellenhof

Deutsch:
Ich brauche den Vornamen und Nachnamen des Kontoinhabers wissen, um eine Zahlung zu leisten.
English:
I need to know a first name and last name of the account holder, in order to make a payment.

Hallo,
das Konto lautet auf: Tobias u. Astrid Fankhauser, Forellenhof Linde
Lg
Forellenhof Linde

Hallo
Tobias Fankhauser und Astrid Fankhauser sind zwei verschiedene Personen? Ich war in einer Bank, sie sagen, es sollte nur eine Vor-und Nachnamen, um eine Zahlung zu leisten sein.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
MaxNevermind,

When making an IBAN (International Bank Transfer) within the euro zone you only really need the IBAN number and the sort code 'BIC/SWIFT'.
This is enough info for the account to ve debited.

But yep, you have the name correct as:
Tobias u. Astrid Fankhauser

And the business name is:
Forellenhof Linde

But all these are just added extras when making a payment by IBAN.

Don't expect the hotel to accept any other form of payment other than that or cash.

Have a great holiday wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
flangesax wrote:
MaxNevermind,

When making an IBAN (International Bank Transfer) within the euro zone you only really need the IBAN number and the sort code 'BIC/SWIFT'.

Forellenhof Linde

Don't expect the hotel to accept any other form of payment other than that or cash.

Thanks
However, could you tell me what is a first name and what is a surname in this:"Tobias u. Astrid Fankhauser"? I must have them separately to make a payment, my bank demands this. I'm used that names and surnames are just two words like George - Name Bush - Surname, not three of them and with some "u." in the middle.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The "u" is short for "und", so that translates as "Tobias and Astrid Frankhauser" (prob as in "Mr and Mrs Frankhauser"), so the surname is Frankhauser and his first name is Tobias (and hers is Astrid). Good luck!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bitte? wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
MaxNevermind wrote:
flangesax wrote:
MaxNevermind,

Forellenhof Linde

Thanks
However, could you tell me what is a first name and what is a surname in this:"Tobias u. Astrid Fankhauser"? I must have them separately to make a payment, my bank demands this. I'm used that names and surnames are just two words like George - Name Bush - Surname, not three of them and with some "u." in the middle.

It is obviously a joint account.

If your bank demands that you can only pay into accounts with a single name, then you probably need to change your bank to one which has a tiny bit of a clue. Even a demand that you pay to a "first name surname" type of account is ridiculous, since it could just as easily have been an account in the name of the hotel.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy