Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dumb question

Poster: A snowHead
But here goes....
Can you take fruit in your hand luggage on a plane ie Gatwick to Grenoble
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Now that's a question I'm sure you will be enlightened soon but l did see a satsuma on a flight to Spain once. Shocked
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've certainly done so quite regularly, and never had it queried.

I find a piece of fruit quire refreshing to eat on the plane.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
On the whole there is no problem taking fruit on any flight. The only exception I know of is that quite a few airlines in Asia ban durians, but I don't suppose that's what you have in mind.

Where you could have a problem is taking the fruit into another country. Quite a few places round the world are very picky about the import of fresh fruits and veg - Australia springs immediately to mind - but even that shouldn't be an issue between the UK and France.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hmm .... taking fruit onto an aircraft might be construed as having an offensive weapon, at least if you're an army PT instructor like John Cleese:

http://youtube.com/v/piWCBOsJr-w
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There are very strict cross border fruit regulations in South America.

Mrs Jbob had a large quantity of cheese confiscated at Geneva Airport after she was grassed up by a dog.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Within EU, fine. Elsewhere, finish it before you land and get rid of any evidence.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I once had an apple confiscated at customs in Japan.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You can bring them back:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/travel-customs/bringing-plants.pdf
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Someone once brought a pot plant back from the canaries and the termites in it ate their house.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/77797.stm

You can't take any fruit into the US, you get savaged by Beagles at the airport
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
andyrew wrote:
The Beagles are lovely . . . their handlers are complete ****s
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Masque wrote:
andyrew wrote:
The Beagles are lovely . . . their handlers are complete ****s

Yup, a friend and I were accosted by a rather cute beagle and a very aggressive handler at the airport in Houston because she'd smuggled an apple in to the USA.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fruit can be a problem on flights if it is too smelly.

Some years ago I was on a plane (UK to France) waiting to take off when an announcement was made that there was a smell of gas towards the back of the cabin so we could not take off until the source was identified; if anyone had managed to get something containing gas onto the plane they should inform the cabin crew. Presumably nobody responded, so the cabin crew started going though the contents of the overhead lockers looking for the source of the smell.

After about 20 minutes (hence missing the slot) a further announcement was made that the source of the smell had been found and it was some exotic fruit, and not anything dangerous.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

l did see a satsuma on a flight to Spain once.

I saw a Mandarin on a flight to China once.....
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
dch, probably a durian. This is serious issue in Asia but happily not often encountered in Europe. Apparently they taste delicious but smell like satan's breath. Never actually encountered one myself but have definitely seen the signs banning them in airports like Singapore, KL etc.
snow conditions
Bogusman, I've tried a durian. It didn't smell as nice as that.
ski holidays
I had a sultana on the way to Bengal once....
snow report
griffterski wrote:
But here goes....
Can you take fruit in your hand luggage on a plane ie Gatwick to Grenoble

If check in/security get sniffy you can always wear your fruit on your feet. Works for ski boots so why not fruit Puzzled
ski holidays
Take Masque's advice- I know someone who got fined $300 for being in possession of a banana when entering New Zealand Shocked
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy