Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help a newbie out!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey everybody! first post here...I need a bit of help with choosing where to ski. I am a Nicaraguan (absolutely no snow in the country) studying in Groningen, Netherlands, and I am dying to go skiing (or at least try to ski) and I am looking for somewhere close and cheap, being a student I am not exactly wealthy by any chance. I have looked around but I am just overwhelmed by all the options, there are just so many of them and really expensive. Ideally I would like a 4 day package or something like that, where ski equipment is included but so far I have found none from the Netherlands.

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://wintersport.sunweb.nl/miniski
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Indeed, Sunweb.nl. They have quite a few trips per bus on their website. Ask a fellow Dutch student to help you out with the site!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chaos in 1983!, you'll have a blast.

However, there isn't any such thing as cheap skiing, at least when compared to a beach holiday in Spain or somewhere.

But if you borrow your clothing, and are prepared to wait until the day before you go, you can get some very cheap self-catered holidays (from the UK, anyway, I can't speak for the Netherlands but I imagine it's the same and as someone says above, ask one of your Dutch mates).

Go to Igluski and search for resorts good for beginners to avoid finding yourself somewhere tougher like Chamonix or Verbier.

If you want to book ahead, I would forget all about France, Austria, Italy and Switzerland, because they are (more) expensive.

There isn't anywhere particularly close, you're talking 750 miles minimum I would have said, but I would try somewhere like Zakopane in Poland - there is a bus from Groningen I believe, and a bus is probably the cheapest way to go.

There is very little skiing there, but what there is is easy and in your first week you don't need to be in Val d'Isere.

Hope you have a great time wherever you end up.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Are you a student at a university? Worth seeing if your university has a ski club and organises a group trip, might be worth getting on it if there is one.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Landgraaf for a learn to ski day then a bus trip in the spring possibly?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fatbob, Have you been I know its a bit of a mission from the UK but i think it looks cool if you lived nearby what it like ? Guess its a great place if you lived nearby.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've been to Landgraaf meandrew. It's very impressive, you can get a good few turns in before the bottom and mess about in the park (not my thing but worth a play). Nice set up with restaurants, bars and a pretty nice hotel. Worth going for a weekend when there's no snow elsewhere. Buy a day pass, ski in the morning, do the Go Ape type stuff and outdoor toboggan run in the afternoon, then ski more in the evening.

We only skied the Saturday evening when we went as we spent the weekend in Valkenburg watching the road cycling world champs.

Think it's a fair old trek to Langraaf from Groningen though.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy