Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Replacement Smith goggle straps

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just wondered if anyone knew where I could pick-up a replacement strap for my Smith Phenom goggles?

Googling doesn't seem to throw-up much.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
To put it simply.... you won't.

I've tried in vain to get a replacement for my IO's and have come to a dead end. I started by contacting both the UK agent for smith and the european agent. They dont keep a stock of goggle straps for purchase and the only way to get a replacement would be to send off your damaged strap (im assuming its damage) along with proof of purchase for them to assess.

Being as my pair of goggles were purchased a while ago as a gift, i don't have the receipt and therefore are not eligible for a replacement.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.... rolling eyes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
tomb, guessed as much . oh well.

Goggles are usable for now, but will keep an eye on Ebay for a bargain replacement!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
abj, I don't know what the fittings on the googles are like, but if you really like the goggles, I've discovered there is little in this sort of line that can't be fixed by a trip to your local haberdashery, a metre of 2" black elastic (1" depending on your need), reel of strong thread and if necessary some appropriately sized plastic 'rucksack' fittings which are two a penny off of ebay. Another option might be to purchase a really cheap pair of googles of another brand, or maybe a scratch pair and cannabilise the strap off those. I am constantly amazed at the 'mends' that I've sorted out, so much so that when the kids school rucksacks expire, I chop all the old straps and fittings off and keep them until I need them for something - I've even used the big thick padded shoulder straps for stitching over the plastic fittings on helmets when they've rubbed skin etc. N.B. Look at original fixing before cutting it off and see if lightly tacking the new elastic to old will assist in positioning the new piece as you pull the old bit out.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
abj, where's the problem, goggle straps are usually an easy bodge.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Smiths suck, Oakleys truck Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Masque, nothing major - they're fraying pretty badly, but it's mainly a cosmetic thing (for the moment).

Megamum, yup, did wonder if there's some way of a diy fix Need to look properly at them and see how easily/neatly it can be done.

spyderjon, I do love my Smiths ... only goggle I've found that genuinely doesn't fog. Having said that, I've only ever tried the A-Frames from Oakley.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
abj, http://www.ultrasporteu.com/

Try here , got spare clips f.o.c. , great service from ed Cool
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dabber, Thanks for this.

I've actually just had a reply back from the European distributor, which says that they've passed on my email to the UK distrbutor (who I'm guessing are the www.ultrasporteu.com chaps) - so we'll see what they say.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy