Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Adelboden - Recommended runs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello - First post but been lurking for a while enjoying the banter. Am going to Adelboden for the half term week. I've been once before but that was as a complete beginner so didn't get much further than the nursery slope at Geils. Will be doing mainly blue runs (fairly slowly still). Are there any particular runs that people recommend? Is it worth going down to Lenk and sking the area on the other side? Are the other separate areas worth a day or is it best to stay above Adelboden? Runs that have reds & blues starting and ending at the same point would be good as the kids will want more excitement than me.

Thanks

PS - Have searched the forum but not found that much on Adelboden.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We were in Adelboden a few years ago, and if I remember correctly Lenk had some great wide blue runs - worth it to go there a day.
There is another area at Enstligenalp where we had a great days skiing, all on top of mountain in one bowl.
Adelboden is a great area and we really loved it. enjoy!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We went last year. It's a great place. Lenk is well worth the trip over if you're a blue runner. The link bus runs like clockwork from each gondola station. Have fun!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi dmac9

I'm pretty new to the site too but spent a lot of time in Adelboden.

The best blue cruisers are Hanenmoos to Buhlberg and Metsch. If youre skiing to Lenk and stayin in Adelboden then you need to get to Metsch for the gondola down to Rothenbach to get the bus RWDLYN mentions. Lenk blues are a thing of beauty, point the skis straight downhill top to bottom.

The red (55) from Sillerenbuhl round past Abei down to Bodem is excellent, go early enough but just take it easy on the steep hill in the middle. This is also the only real way to ski back to Oey car parks. Avoid the Weltcup if not confident but there is a really good twisty red from Chuenisbargli to Berglager through trees to the teepee bar. Where I will be found often as from next Friday, great wurst on a BBQ on fine days.

There's plenty to do just watch the blues from Gelis down to Berglager. Lots of walking. Avoid Lavey and Luegli as the more difficult parts of the terrain.

Elsigenalp is a small drive but is best avoided to ski the piste (T bar hell) but worth going over for the quite frankly insane sledge run and good freeriding. Passes work for all the local areas, also Kandersteg.

Hope you like the area as much as we do. Have a great trip. I can't wait.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the info. Can't wait to get there.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hello, been searching for info regarding ski-in/out accomodation in Adelboden/Lenk area - anybody know a hotel/appartment that would be ski-in/out?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm going at new year for a few days, so if anyone can give any more up to date advice for both on and off the slopes it would be greatly appreciated.

I can ski down any piste and fairly gentle off-piste....although not expecting much of the latter at the moment (nor the former sadly either given current conditions)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy