Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tecnica replacement liners

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Afternoon All

I have had a pair of Tecnica Diablo Fire's for the past four years and after much tweaking they have been perfect.

I've done about 12 weeks skiing on them and the linings are now packed out.

My feet are sliding to the front of the boot and thicker socks are needed to correct this but that obviously leads to pain in
areasthat are now too tight.

I really don't want to replace the boot as it took so long to get them right. I have some seriosly customised footbeds that will be
moving whatever the end result is.

So what I want to know is this. What is the best replacement liner that I can get for them?

Do Tecnica do such a thing?

I tried some custom liners in Canada a couple of years ago but found that the Tecnica ones were still better as they had the large tongue as opposed to the wrap-around style of custom liners (well, these custom liners anyway).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Jack
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can get other replacement liners that don't have the wrap-around fit. Intuition, for example, offer both wrap and tongue style liners. ZipFit is another worth looking at.
Drop CEM a line, as he'll be best placed to advise, although Bicester may be a bit of a treck from Cheshire.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
[quote="feef"] The Intuition ones were the wrap-around ones that I got in Canada.

There isn't enough room in those for a footbed with my feet which are a strange shape.

The last time I tried Intuition liners was in 2010 and they were still the same. The new ones appear to have the same base lining.

I wonder if Tecnica sell replacement linings?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jumping Jack Flash, Anything Technial are the UK distributors for Tecnica, I've just got some replacement heel pieces for my boots from there. http://www.skiequipmentuk.co.uk/shop/ski-boots/ski-boot-spares/ski-boot-liners/
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jumping Jack Flash, the factory liners are usually as dear as an aftermarket one but don't last anywhere near enough. Get yourself down to CEM's for some Zipfits which are not only excellent but when your existing shells need replacing you can put 'em in your new 'uns.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You could get Foam liners - my shells are Nordica factory ones, with custom foam liners added.
Very snug, but not the worlds most comfortable experience!
My Garmont boots have an intuition liner that is not the wrap around variety, they seem to work well too (not quite in the same league of snugness as a foam one, but pretty good)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy