Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving advice for irish visitor???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

Just a quick question about driving/road conditions likely in early March.

I have managed to swing a weekend in Colorado skiing on my way home from a boring business trip in the beginning of March, i have a hire car booked and I was wondering what are the likely road conditions around this time of year and is it likely that i can drive to whatever skifield has snow in a regular sedan or should i upgrade to a 4x4, or maybe public transport may be an option? I am considering basing myself in either Boulder or else Frisco for the weekend and was gonna wing it from there based on where the snow is.

Also it seems that all the package deals that i can find are for a week or longer, but if anyone knows of any weekend deals then i'm all ears.

I would be very grateful if anyone has any advice on these or any other related topics for a visitor, such as gear hire, accomodation etc...

Thanks in advance,

L
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
irishboarder, Welcome to Snowheads! snowHead
I presume you will be driving from Denver? If so then although the highway authorities are pretty good at keeping the roads clear of snow in normal conditions so you might well be OK in a regular sedan, be aware that the Interstate I-70 west from Denver as you climb up to the mountains can quickly get tricky if the snow suddenly starts to come down heavily, so a 4x4 does give you more security. Also in bad conditions road warning signs may call for chains to be fitted - best check with your car rental firm if these can be provided.

I've no knowledge of staying in Boulder, but Frisco is an excellent base for doing the Summit County ski resorts eg Breckenridge, A-Basin, Copper Mtn. Info on Frisco accommodation here.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
irishboarder, yes welcome snowHead

To add to Alastair's advice above, I'd maybe suggest you add something to your thread title to get the attention of other people who might know the area (it caught my attention because I'm from Dublin but actually have no idea about driving in Colarado wink )
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A tip on getting weekend deals (though I haven't actually used it for a ski deal) is to sign up for the local Groupon in Boulder/Frisco. I am heading to New England in September so signed up and on the Groupon Getaways page I get sent they always seem to have deals for Vermont hotels that include lift tickets. These are usually the private B&B type things that might not be as easy to find otherwise. I assume it would be the same in Colorado.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy