Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

To balm or not to balm - New Hestra Gloves

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bought some Hestra gloves a while back but not used them yet. Is the little bottle of balm stuff meant to be as a top up for later on or am I meant to be using that before I use them at all. Had a bit of a search already but Hestra seems to be a favoured topic on here and it came up with loads of results that didn't quite answer my question. Maybe I was searching for the wrong thing. Oh well, any advice appreciated (but preferably about the original question).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Unless the leather is dry, no need to balm up before using the gloves.

And don't look directly into the sun Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When I got my sethmos' I used the entire pack on them, just squeeze the entire thing out onto the palm of one of the gloves, put them on and just rub away, this is what one of the interns at hestra told me to do, posted on TGR a while back, used them about 20 days, haven't needed to rebalm yet but apparently you're supposed to every 30.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Suggested to me that you wait until they are beginning to settle to your hands i.e. A weeks use then apply
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
When they fell like they are drying out - balm. Reseal the packet with a bit of sticky tape - there's enough for quite a few applications

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 6-02-13 9:12; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Do it regularly at first, after a few appliances they'll 'hold' it much better - only need to do it when the leather feels dry.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not too dry, though... If the leather feels dry to the touch, I think the balming is already overdue. The only reason to postpone the appliance is to save on the balm.

Personally, I like to keep my Hestras almost saturated, just as my winter boots. ...but that's just me. Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I did not use it, but applied after the weeks skiing and the gloves were a bit softer.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy