Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

19 y/o girl (au pair) looking for people to ski with in Les Arcs/ Paradiski

Poster: A snowHead
Hello, I'm an au pair in Les Arcs and I look after children every evening so don't get a chance to go out and meet people. I promise I'm not a socially incompetent weirdo. I've been here a week and am free to ski everyday but I'm getting a bit lonely with only my iPod for company. I'm a good skiier and am happy on anything, on piste or off piste, I'm not a park rat though. If anyone has a group I can join in with or is a solo skiier, or another seasonnaire just looking to be charitable, then drop me an email at kitty mayo @ live.co.uk or find me on facebook (Kitty Mayo's are fairly uncommon). I promise I'm quite nice and reasonably entertaining.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi,

Just a bit of advice; I'm no expert in these matters but it's not advisable to put one's email address in the 'real' format as scamming engines trawl the net looking for such things (and one could argue there's the general information security aspect of it too).

If you do need to post your email address it's best to do something like user kittymayo in the live.co.uk domain or even just kittymayo at live.co.uk
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kittymayo, are you from Mayo in Ireland?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
dsoutar wrote:
Just a bit of advice; I'm no expert in these matters but it's not advisable to put one's email address in the 'real' format as scamming engines trawl the net looking for such things (and one could argue there's the general information security aspect of it too).

It isn't the noughties anymore. If your email provider can't cope with spam, time to switch to a new one who can.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh how different this place is from TGR. Try pm'ing snowcrazy as I believe he spends a lot of time in the area/
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
kittymayo, you do know this forum is populated mainly by dirty old men don't you? Laughing

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 6-02-13 12:09; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lizzard wrote:
kittymayo, you do know this forum is populated mainly by dirty old me don't you? Laughing

Best mis-type of the week
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lizzard, Patch, Laughing Laughing and I thought I was inappropriate on the other thread Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Patch, are you so sure it was a mis-type? Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lizzard never makes mistakes. wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kittymayo, as a practical suggestion it might be worth linking into the solo skiers area of SH's http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewforum.php?f=19
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm amazed that the level of response is quite this restrained.

Quote:

I promise I'm quite nice and reasonably entertaining.

I mean, please .....

Kitty, my love, if only you had been there in January or are were to be there in March .....
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
RattytheSnowRat wrote:

You have no idea of the pain involved in that Shocked
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kittymayo wrote:
Hello, I'm an au pair in Les Arcs and I promise I'm not a socially incompetent weirdo.

That's put most of them off.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kittymayo, good luck with finding some folks to ski with! x
ski holidays
Serriadh wrote:
If your email provider can't cope with spam, time to switch to a new one who can.

Huh?

Is that an endorsement that one should INVITE massive amount of spam?
snow conditions
lol, cracking thread........i cant believe there is so mcuh restraint from such a testosterone filled environment.

fair play to Kitty though...being proactive in trying to locate someone to ski with.

good luck to her
snow report
stefoy4me, I tend to think they are all being a bit mean, the request sounded genuine to me, I do hope the OP can take a bit of ribbing without offence. kittymayo welcome to SH's they are all big 'girl's blouses' if you ask me!
latest report
abc wrote:
Serriadh wrote:
If your email provider can't cope with spam, time to switch to a new one who can.

Huh?

Is that an endorsement that one should INVITE massive amount of spam?

You invite spam every time you share you email address with a new person, because you cannot trust that they will never have their computer infected with a virus that harvests their email address book. You invite spam every time you register with a website for exactly the same reason, plus the fact that they might just sell their user database to a bunch of spammers anyway. Your email address can probably be generated by an automated email address generating tool so even if you keep it totally secret you can still end up being spammed. Spam email is a fact of life.

As it happens, one of email addresses is publically listed as the contact for most of the domain names I've registered; these sorts of contact addresses are not only visible to all and sundry but trivially easy to search for and extract automatically... far more easily done than scraping websites for my address. But it doesn't matter; I don't see any spam in my inbox because I'm using a semi-competent email provider.
ski holidays
Serriadh wrote:
I don't see any spam in my inbox because I'm using a semi-competent email provider.

And which provider might that be?
latest report
justatheory wrote:
kittymayo, are you from Mayo in Ireland?
No, afraid not.
snow conditions
RattytheSnowRat wrote:

Quote:

I promise I'm quite nice and reasonably entertaining.

I mean, please .....

Kitty, my love, if only you had been there in January or are were to be there in March .....

I am here in March! I'm here until mid April.
ski holidays
Quote:

I am here in March! I'm here until mid April.

Here there and everywhere wink
snow report
halfhand, !!! [Insert tutting, shaky head smiley]
ski holidays
gatecrasher wrote:

Perhaps we should all congeregate in Les Arcs and then we could Come Together. Toofy Grin
snow report
halfhand wrote:
gatecrasher wrote:

Perhaps we should all congeregate in Les Arcs and then we could Come Together. Toofy Grin

Sod that, I'm off to find that little swiss filly! Look at that...screen wipes...aren't they great! Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy