Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which ski to take dilema.....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
OK not so much of a dilema as I'm pretty certain which skis I'm going to take.

So like me you may have found yourself in the past only being able to take one pair of planks on holiday, which do you take and why? (assuming you have more than one pair!)

When I go to Canada at the end of March I've decided that it will be easier all round in adition to saving £ if in my double bag I take one pair of my skis and the Mrs (Her skis not herself although....). When I go holiday on my own I'll always take my Head Magnums and Line Prophet 100's just in case the conditions are good, 2 weeks of last season it wasn't so I trailed them with me for 2 weeks without using them.

For me if I have to I much prefer having to ski off piste on more piste orientated skis, than skiing on piste on the super tankers. You can carve on them but I'm lazy so just find it easier to skid around on them. It's horses for courses really, I had a guide in Italy recently and the bloke had some old knackered Nordica Dobermans guess that's what he was comfortable on and we found some pretty deep powder and he showed everyone up on their 'fat skis'.

So I've decided to take my Head as most of my time will be spent witht he OH who's not too confident off piste and if there's a good dump or I get a guided day I'll rent something more suitible.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quiver Killer 'em, put all the bindings in your hand luggage and put three pairs in the bag.

Simples Cool
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Grizwald wrote:
I much prefer having to ski off piste on more piste orientated skis, than skiing on piste on the super tankers.

A Prophet 100 is a super tanker now? Sounds like it barely makes it into the 'mid fat' category wink

Grizwald wrote:
I had a guide in Italy recently and the bloke had some old knackered Nordica Dobermans guess that's what he was comfortable on and we found some pretty deep powder and he showed everyone up on their 'fat skis'

If you've skied 100+ days a year for the past 10+ years, it probably doesn't matter a whole lot what you put on your feet... but if you had, you wouldn't be asking this question! I'd rather be better equipped to ski potentially good off-piste snow, where I can supplement my lack of talent with wider rockered skis, and be slightly ill-suited to piste skiing. You can get pistes everywhere.

Having someone like Jon's Ski Tuning stick inserts in your skis will probably cost you less than you paid to carry skis on the plane in the first place. Compromising is pointless in the face of that Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Magnums in Canada? Leave them at home. Prophets are fine on piste and if there is a big dump you can always rent a proper super tankers.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy