Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Calendar Competition........

Poster: A snowHead
Welcome all to the inaugural Snowhead Calendar Competition!

As some of you may have read in the Apres Zone, it has been decreed that we deserve a Calendar. We are aiming to include 12 of the best photo's taken by our very own snowheads.

As we speak we are awaiting price info from various suppliers yada yada yada.....

What we do need however, is your help. As some of you keen eyed snowheads may have noticed, Alan Craggs has set up a new section in the "snowMedia zone", called "Champagne Powder". We hope that those of you who have photos that you would like to be considered for the calendar will post the photo's there. We will then set up a way of voting for each photo. We will then judge which 12 photo's to include in the calendar. Once we have a price and a better idea of when the printing will commence we will inform you of the closing date for uploads and hence voting.

I realise that this is still rather vague and some points still need nailing down but bare with us Shocked and hopefully we will have a swish new calendar to adorn our offices/kitchens/bedrooms etc by the new year.

Get uploding those photo's and see what we can cobble together.

Ginger et al
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy snowHead Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ginger winger, Great idea. I may need some help uploading but will sort out a photo first!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Please, please not the one of Skanky wearing nought but his 'pants!
latest report
 brian
brian
David Murdoch, he did say "bare" with us Shocked
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What sort of calendar are we talking about here guys?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well, this sort is quite nice

depending on how many holes you want.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mouth, I think we're thinking A4/A3 wall calendar type thing...does that answer your question?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mouth, We are still loking into that dependant on price.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well I was sort of wandering about the "content" as there was some mention of "bare" and "pants"??!! But champagne snow shots are far better! Will look some out
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mouth, oh I see - I don't think we're planning on going along 'WI' lines - might scare the horses etc Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So my swim shorts skiing from the EOSB doesn't count!!!! Damn - I was already planning on how to spend the royalties Sad
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Can someone please point me to a beginners guide to uploading photos on snowMedia zone?!! Thanks
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mouth, have you first registered separately with snowMedia ?? You can use the same username and password - in fact same username is recommended. After email confirmation log in and then never log out properly (just close the window) - it will then autolog you in on every subsequent visit. Then it's probably best to create a personal gallery - unless you've got a couple of supershots destined for the new champagne powder gallery or other predefined slots, in which case don't bother. Then the Upload Photos button (second from right on the top menu bar) leads to the next stage and provided you can find your own shots on your own PC when you use the browse buttons it should be straightforward. Once they are in there somewhere, it is relatively simple to create 'copies' in other folders if necessary.
Hope this helps. If not - Alan C's the expert on all things snowMedia. Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mouth, I see that you've registered OK. Does kuwait_ian's helpful comment above tell you all that you need to know? If not then please post a question in this thread or PM me.
snow conditions
I am glad that this has now got a proper headline, as there are some really good photos out there.

Scarpa, I came by your photo the other day and have I have rated accordingly, unfortunately it's probably not going to make it to the champagne league though wink Laughing
ski holidays
Admin or anyone : I have downloaded another photo the " Oh God " in the calender section but the the picture is on its side.

Need to adjust it so it faces upright - where is the delete button and how do I make it face upright?

Thanks!
ski holidays
hibernia, I've rotated it for U Toofy Grin

next time make sure it's the right way round before uploading Laughing

(irfanview does lossless jpg rotation if you need a free prog)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks a million, Alan snowHead
ski holidays
you're welcome snowHead

oh and btw, there should be a "delete photo" option available to you if you click on the thumbnail to view the full photo.
snow report
Can we include summer shots aswell due to it being a calendar ?
ski holidays
I've stuck a couple up there. Surely we need some British ski pics in there too!? .... mine aren't that good - but I think it might motivate some others out there to dig out some Scottish shots ...
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Adam Holt, I've put some Scottish pics in as well.

and a couple of summer ones.
ski holidays
Just to let everyone know what is going on at the moment. I am finding it increasingly difficult to get an answer from various companies with regards to price and/or availabilty of printing these calenders. I will update more when I have any movement.
latest report
try all bran,that can help . Laughing
ski holidays
ginger winger, I can probably get a quote for a limited run, I just had a run of 1,000 full colour info sheets on card done by a local company for a reasonable price, I'll see what they say.
ski holidays
ginger winger

Have you got it designed yet?

Ex designer now chalet owner here (and not much to do in November/early Dec, with a template for an A4 calendar which I did for Royal Meterological Society last year. Could re-jig the design for you! If not will definately send some ace photos we took last season.
snow report
Seems a shame to me that more people haven't looked at and 'rated' the photos - there are clearly very differing tastes out there as well judging by some of the current ratings! Also, surely there are LOADS more good photos out there .... come on people upload your pics!!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Adam, I've had a look and there are some fantastic pics in there! Haven't voted though...thought I'd leave it 'til it looked like all pics were in.
latest report
OK, I've added a couple of pics.
ski holidays
Just a couple of things for information:-

You may (or may not!) have noticed that the pics in that gallery appear in "rated" order.

As the mediazone re-sizes uploaded pics to save space and bandwidth, any pics on there will clearly not be suitable for quality large size printing. We have a (secret wink ) facility to up/download larger files which can be made available to the providers of pics (in we trust hi-res versions) that are eventually used for printing.
latest report
Another gratuitous link to the gallery: The Calendar Gallery
ski holidays
Given snowHeads' support for the Leopard, how about this one for a calendar? Complete with snowHeads hat of course (shows up really well in the high res image).

Clicking on thumbnail gives high res image - but note it's 2MB....

snow conditions
PG, That's a very good idea. snowHead
snow report
Go the Snow Leopard !!!

PG, There is one of your Cachette webcam shots that I love. Deep blue sky and the moon shining dowm.
ski holidays
rather have scenery than Leopard (sorry Leopard Sad ) as it reminds me more of what im missing
snow report
What's the latest news on this ?
snow report
We appear to have stalled!

I think at this point we are unlikely to get printed calendars out for the New Year. We do seem to have accumulated a particularly fine set of photos though.
snow report
Thanks Ian. Agree with the comment about the fine collection of photos snowHead
ski holidays
Did we finish up with a top 12?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy