Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The 23rd of February advice required please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Alrighty,

some advice needed.

Prior to this year I was skint and could only go for one trip in January.

I am now slightly less skint and have a job that affords me lots of time off.

So far this year I've done a week in Morzine for £199 in December and a week in Niederau for £249. Both were catered! Can you sense the smugness ?

I've never been in February and am looking to go on the 23rd. I think I'm correct in saying that there are no school holidays then so the slopes should not be too crowded?

My mate and I left trying to book too late last week ( Friday night) and ended up staying at home

The prices for package deals an chalets are OK but still a wee bit high for my liking - are they likely to drop or will the old wealthy early-retired team start snapping them up?

Anyone seen any decent deals?

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

I think I'm correct in saying that there are no school holidays then so the slopes should not be too crowded?

No, it's peak holidays in France from mid Feb - mid March.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sean1967 wrote:
Alrighty,

So far this year I've done a week in Morzine for £199 in December and a week in Niederau for £249. Both were catered! Can you sense the smugness ?

I've never been in February and am looking to go on the 23rd. I think I'm correct in saying that there are no school holidays then so the slopes should not be too crowded?

Nope, you are not correct French zone A and B are off then, plus, from: http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=89192 some of NL.

It looks like the next clear slot is 16th March, which coincidentally is when I'm next off, due to the apartment price hitting rock bottom that week....

The two you got were very cheap, I've not managed anywhere near that, how many was that based on sharing? booked through who?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

I think I'm correct in saying that there are no school holidays then so the slopes should not be too crowded?

No, it's peak holidays in France from mid Feb - mid March.

Do the French go to Austria?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
andyrew wrote:
sean1967 wrote:
Alrighty,

Nope, you are not correct French zone A and B are off then, plus, from: http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=89192 some of NL.

It looks like the next clear slot is 16th March, which coincidentally is when I'm next off, due to the apartment price hitting rock bottom that week....

The two you got were very cheap, I've not managed anywhere near that, how many was that based on sharing? booked through who?

Both were based on two sharing.

The first was through skiweekends via coach. The hotel was very basic and the food was poor. However the price was very cheap for a week in the PDS. The lft pass was cheaper too.

£249 was flying from Gatwick and we stayed in Niederau at the Schneeberger - I don't think I'll every get such a good deal again. Food was excellent and the booze very well priced.

I may never return to France.............
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sean1967, not usually, but the Dutch do.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy