Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

'Lumpy' liner issue affecting heel fit

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Seem to have a bit of a problem with my boot liner in the heel area.

It seems to be lumpy/bunching up slightly/folding slightly - hard to describe- behind the heel as I slide my foot in. The result being that I feel as if I can't get my heel to 'seat' properly back and down in the boot to get my heel properly secure in the heel pocket. Just feels as if there is maybe too much material in the liner in this area and it is not smooth enough and so my heel feels as if it is too high in the boot.

I feel as if I want to pull on the back of the liner and pull it up, to smooth out the 'bunching up', and push my heel down, but there is no loop on the back and so it's hard to be able to pull it strongly enough.

It's not a huge amount of lumpiness, but it's enough for me to notice that the fit is not as good as it is on the other boot.

Any ideas anyone? Thanks Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you taken the liner out of the shell, might be creased externally, something trapped inside the shell etc. Have you washed them in the past?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
List the boot make, type and year.

I think what you are describing is a deliberate design choice known as a 'heel trap'. In order to assist the heel from lifting, some boot designs have a ridge that fits over the heel/achilles tendon (often with a notch to allow the tendon to move unpressured). I've got two pairs of boots with this feature. If the boot has had some wear then the foam creating the trap can shift around, this might have happened here.

Otherwise your liner sounds like it's shot - CEM is you man but he'll ask what I did initally.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
gatecrasher, Thanks. Yes I have taken them out a few times. Nothing in the shell. No never washed them. So it's possible I have inadvertently 'creased' them when manhandling them back into the shells but this has never happened to me before with previous boots. If it's this what shall I do to remedy it?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RattytheSnowRat, Atomic Hawx 2012. The liner is not shot.

This 'heel trap' business could be it, if it is it's in the wrong place for my heel, I feel like I can't get enough of my heel down below the 'trap'.

Getting somewhere now, thanks both.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
This might be a clue:

"Its ASY Sport T2 liner can also be individually adjusted in the ankle and forefoot zones"

seems like you adjustable bit needs adjusting. Pop the liner out of the shell and have a look at the manual that came with the boots
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
RattytheSnowRat, don't recall seeing anything that looks to be 'adjustable', maybe they just mean mouldable? I have had boots in the past where you could slide little bits in to tighten or slacken the heel hold, these have nothing like that. Will go and look at them again in a bit.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sarah, I guess you haven't got any heel lifts or anything under the footbed breaking up, moved etc?

I mentioned about the washed liners as I may have done this once Embarassed not recommended.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sarah, you need to give the model number as well eg: 80 or 100. The 80 comes with 'T1 Thermo-formable liner that gives great heel hold' which is a versio of the heel trap I mentioned.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy