Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski School/Instructor in Lech/Oberlech/Zurs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

First post on Snowheads although I have been lurking for a while… Smile

Hoping some of you lovely people can offer some recommendations for ski schools/ instructors in the Lech/Oberlech/Zurs areas. This is my first visit to the region and I have previously skied in France (L2A, 3Vs) only and normally attend a full week of ski school. However this is the first holiday with just me and my partner (he’s a confident +10 year snowboarder) and I’m a getting there intermediate skier who can sometimes lack confidence! As it’s just the 2 of us I don’t really want to go for a full week of ski school so was planning on booking maybe 1 or 2 private lessons to just keep the bad habits at bay and the confidence up!

Can anyone recommend any ski schools/ instructors in this area? I’m done some Google searches but the choice of ski schools in Lech seems limited and ££££ for a private lesson. Help! Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am also going to Lech (March) and would like some advice on ski lessons... someone help!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Can anyone recommend any ski schools/ instructors in this area? I’m done some Google searches but the choice of ski schools in Lech seems limited and ££££ for a private lesson.

Sorry, that's the way it is.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for your reply. Do you recommend any of the schools in particular or are they all of a good standard?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Both the Lech ski school and alpincenter Lech are good. Alpincenter Lech is a bit more cutting edge, and has a better rep for off piste / serious skiing. Both have high entry standards: if you get a younger instructor they are likely to be very strong technically.

As far as specific instructors in Lech are concerned, I have used and can recommend harumi kumazaki, if she's still at alpincenter - superb skier and good teacher too. Otherwise I'm afraid I've mostly used pure guides, and I am not sure that's quite what you're after.

Guiding / instruction in the arlberg is, regrettably, a little bit steep (not dissimilar to the terrain in that respect!).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PisteQueen wrote:
Thanks for your reply. Do you recommend any of the schools in particular or are they all of a good standard?

Sorry, I can't - when I worked there the Arlberg Ski School (of which the Lech ski school is a branch [90% sure anyway]) was a bit of a factory, and it was a bit of a lottery whether you got a good instructor or a newbie. If there's a smaller school, I think you'd have a higher chance of getting of local/long term resident instructor, who would normally be better (more experienced at least).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You can get one hour private lessons at lunchtime that are a bit cheaper than throughout the rest of the day. Have used that a couple of times for the kids when we've been there. Enjoy yourselves. I just love the place.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boabski, that sounds exactly what i'm after, do you remember which ski school you organised this through? Cant see much on their websites but i can have a phone around.

The lessons I found were all around 4-4.5 hours so actually probably warrant the high price tag! I'm more than happy with 1-2 hour lessons.

Also glad to here you love Lech, i'm really looking forward to getting out there - roll on March! If you have any recommendations on runs/restaurants/apres would be great to hear them Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pretty sure lech ski school is not a branch of the arlberg school-Richard Walter's death star hasn't got that far (yet)! One is governed by tirolerskilehrerverband, one by vorarlberg, so unlikely they'll ever merge.

lech ss does not have as much ski instructor turnover as the arlberg, and instructors are typically more experienced- very few first seasoners - although still think alpincenter is better.

Andy thurner is worth a look too.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy