Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Innsbruckers ski film

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This was passed over to me by my friend from Axams. I think his son was involved, but I'm not sure cos he isn't saying.
Ignore the narative, I just find the filming and the skiing really nice... my opinion!
Time for the Whiteroom from Simon Platzer Films
http://vimeo.com/52567025
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
18:30 onwards! Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Steilhang, watched it and bookmarked it for repeated viewing. There wasn't a single segment I did not love! Quality film, hope these guys make more (and I didn't mind the narration at all).

Beautiful skiing throughout but the tree segment around 13:00 is my favourite. And I like that they put the crash footage in the middle of the film (and showed the consequences) rather than in the credits.

Shocked at 17:27, that was close
Shocked Shocked at 18:30… mad skills there
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Zero-G, yes, on second viewing the narration is ok. The filming is brilliant. Somehow stands apart from most of the ski films coming out these days. Can't usually be bothered to watch then tbh.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Steilhang, OMG that's not a place you want to find yourself in.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Steilhang wrote:
Somehow stands apart from most of the ski films coming out these days.

It certainly does. I think that's because it has a certain intimacy that may stem from being a small production (yet the production values are high and it looks pro).

Added to which, it has a lovely understated, almost humble, feel to it that you just don't see in a lot of the bigger ski movie productions these days. These guys come across as very skilled skiers who love skiing, not bro brah rock stars trying to outdo each other with the biggest line at the highest speed in the gnarliest terrain. Although they do do big lines in gnarly terrain!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bumping this for the evening crowd – it's too good to be missed.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That was brilliant!! Some Nordkette and Axamer Lizum action there (I think Schlick2000 too), as well as Stubai and some backcountry areas - great to see the local stuff is right up there with the Himalayan and Alaskan action too! The skateboard dude lives 5 mins down the hill from me!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've just watched this again and have to say that there are some superior skiing skills on display here! The part of the first segment from 5:53 took my breathe away (there are so many other notable parts too). Who are these guys?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for sharing... really nice.

Although the bit at 18:00...carrying on skiing same aspect while a decent sized slide is still moving next to you = a bit crazy, no?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Zero-G,
Quote:
Who are these guys?

Reply from Tim to the question does he know more:
[02/07/13] Tim: Ah, not really.
[02/07/13] Tim: But they're all from around Innsbruck and one of them is the brother of a guy I used to work with on the Olpererhut.
[02/07/13] Tim: Who should also be in their next release.
[02/07/13] Tim: But I can try to find out more if you want me to...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Zero-G wrote:
I've just watched this again and have to say that there are some superior skiing skills on display here! The part of the first segment from 5:53 took my breathe away (there are so many other notable parts too). Who are these guys?

Innsbruck locals... At least one of them (Flo Orley) is on the FWT this year, and you must have heard of Roman Rohrmoser, he's filmed with Nimbus (Pep Fujas, Eric Pollard, et al)...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
clarky999, I've heard of Flo Orley but not the others. Even though I've watched some of the Nimbus stuff, I've never really paid attention to the names. Plus, in all their ski gear, they all look alike wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy