Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fritschi Zenith 12 tech binding

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/0etgnINwnlA

Looks very interesting.

http://www.earnyourturns.com/15526/backcountry-binding-fritschis-zenith-12/
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If the real deal doesn't look as flimsy as the prototype and has no durablility issues it could be a big seller, provided they price less than £300. My guess is they'll want to keep (increase) the price point of the freeride pro £350, which would be a shame as this would looks like a nice entry into tech bindings.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Plastic on the heel lifts and rear cam isn't such a big deal providing the main chassis is aluminium. If the Dynafit Radicals are anything to go by, the stiffness should be right up there and certainly far higher than the Freeride Pros. The sideways float at the toe could prove interesting in steep and/or fast turns (unless I'm missing something from my half-baked attention span). Will see if I can get my hands on some this time next year.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd be very startled if they entered a new and shiny and technically complex touring binding into the market under £300. The Dynafit TLT Speed is available for as little as £250, but that's quite an old model and being chucked out at clearance prices; nothing new will be that cheap.

I would hope that the sideways float in the toe in the final version of the binding won't be any more of a problem than lateral elasticity in the toe fittings of any other non-dynafit-style binding. I suspect the mockup shown in the video above has all the spring strengths deliberately reduced to a) make it easier for the demo guy to show how it works and b) not explode the fragile 3d-printed plastic bits. If there's pronounced lateral slop in the toe of the final binding, I don't see anyone buying it.

Rumour has it that more developed working prototypes are already out there.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Had a look at ISPO, looked like lego - was not impressed - I'll stick with PLUM.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Idris, win
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Idris wrote:
Had a look at ISPO, looked like lego

Well, yes. That's what 3d-printed mock-ups look like. I don't believe they claimed it was anything else Puzzled
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I don't know what their planned launch date is but I'd have thought it unlikely for the 13/14 season if they're only at the mock-up stage now.

Seen loads of busted Plum bindings, albeit from early adopters. Reckon they thought it would be easy to replicate the out-of-patent Dynafit but in reality it's been far from easy with a number of design changes having now been made.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy