Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Tania for a beginner ?..

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
I have been looking around for a location that fits the bill for 2 complete newbies - and i was wondering if people can pass comment on La Tania, or provide some alternative suggestions if no exeperice yourself of La Tania, bearing in mind the below requirements :

* 2 complete novices (although MAY have some snowdome lessons in UK by the time we travel - in 2014)
* Resort should be car free if possible
* Not bothered at all about nightlife
* Scenic, both resort and pistes (scenery is more important to us than nightlife)
* upto £1750 budget for 2 for 7 nights : to incl flights, transf, food, flights. ski hire and lessons - basically "all in" (this do-able ?)

As mentioned, just by looking at a few websites La Tania in France seems to fit the bill - but we have no experience of this place - does anyone else ?

Feel free to offer alternatives, as we have only previously been to Wengen/Jungfrau region before (tobogganing).

Many thanks - I'm a bit lost in the the choice to be honest ! Embarassed
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gamer2471, you'd expect me to say this, but La Tania is excellent for beginners Very Happy

I've just returned from my own family/friends holiday there and we had with us for the first time, my friend who is the other side of 50 and a total novice. She had private lessons (10 hours over 4/5 days) and loved it. The nursery slope with free drag lift is in the traffic-free village, and she stayed there this time, but that was her choice as she was getting her confidence. She has also had back surgery in the past few years, so wanted to take it easy, but is now already looking for a short break before the end of the season. It was also the first resort we went to with our children after a couple of weeks ski school in other resorts and they loved it instantly, due mainly to being able to ski from 'the very top' back into the village, on blue/green runs.

If you have any other specific questions, feel free t ask (no hard sell, promise wink )
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We took some beginners to LaTania several years ago - they got on very well. Also have the choice to jump on the free bus to Courcheval which has fab green runs for beginners.
Check out www.latania.co.uk for more info The where to ski and snowboard guide is an invaluable tool when choosing where to stay. There are some excellent 'family run' catered chalets in LaTania - opt for one of those rather than a large tourist operator.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thankyou both for your comments - it's good to see i didn't pick a lemon of a resort Happy after looking at the piste maps on that very same website - we noticed the blue/green runs that went striaght back into town through the trees and that looked exctly what we were looking for.
Don't suppose either of you have any recommendations on those "Family Run" chalets ?
Also - any info on ski schools there or any recommendations if you know a good english speaking instructor ?

Thankyou for your comments so far - i guess my little bit of research was in the right direction - but always good to hear that being backed up by people who have direct experience.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gamer2471, welllllll........if you see my tagline,we have some of those very chalets, but as there are only 2 of you, look at our catered Chalet-Hotel which is sold by the room (the s/c chalets are sole occupancy). As for ski school, Magic always has very good comments from clients, but also ESF private lessons (as opposed to group) have had good reports. There is a difference in cost between these, but I know of one beginner who had lessons with both in the same week due to scheduling problems and was equally happy with them
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Anniepen... will be sending you an email through your 3valleys website - thanks snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
gamer2471, Hi - I'll send you a PM Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
its courchevel........ but yes la tania is a great beginner resort if the snow is good.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My wife loved it there after a terrible experience previously in la plagne. Really got her confidence up and she was skiing reds by the end of the week!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy