Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Experience 74 RTL vs Head TT500 or....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I would really appreciate more experienced folks' advice on purchasing skis.

I would class myself as a 'lower intermediate' -- have skiied mostly in N America, and can manage all the blue runs, but only very easy blacks. Not really learnt to carve yet, and keen to develop that skill. I've been doing this on some beginner boots (rossingnol exalt x6??) and ex-rental skis (salomon scrambler 400s) that I bought a few years back that have served me well, but I'm keen to upgrade.

I am 1.72m and 70kg in weight.

Just invested in some new boots that are more than a step up, but were somewhat above my initial budget, so my new skis really need to come in at around the GBP200 mark or less. Until recently, I was totally clueless about all these things, and have been trying to read up, but still have a huge amount to learn.

I don't want skis that are too stiff or advanced for me since I may not have the skill set to utilise them well, but at the same time, don't want to outgrow them in a couple of years either. Also, I'm a little confused about how long my skis should be -- my current pair are 160cm, which I feel are a little short. I was thinking of around 170cm, but I've read on here that for piste skiing, about 160cm for my height should be right after all.

In terms of value: I've noted that glissop seems to be offering the best deals around at the moment.

Two sets of skis on their site appear to be within budget and also within the skill level that I think I should be aiming for??

1. Rossignol Experience 74 RTL -- available in 166cm
2. Head Icon TT 500 -- available in 170cm.

What would snowheads recommend between these two, or should I be looking at something else entirely?

Help and advice would be much appreciated.

tb
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bump? Smile

tb
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy