Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Has anyone else got similar symptoms?

Poster: A snowHead
Lying awake at night thinking about the mountains, spending ages poring over ski brochures and websites, sneaky peaks at snow-forecast.com, organising holiday time for maximum skiing...

Could it be bird-flu? Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't know. Ask a doctor*.

---------------------
* For newbies ... Kramer is a doctor ... or, at least, claims to be a doctor
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kramer, Dont know what you mean. I have however spent the last half hour looking into a 3 day break in La Clusaz, Ncle - Geneva with Easyjet, car hire, nice hotel, slopeside, pool, ....Hmm perhaps i do know what you mean.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ok then, own up, who's tried their ski gear on yet? (To actually go skiing doesn't count, it has to be to sit in the front room or something similar.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kramer, I confess, I wore my boots around the house for a good half hour on sunday! and ive started having the "no snow- ski on grass" dreams as well as missing the coach to France!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep I've done all that. Will be going last minute so keep checking websites to see when/if the prices come down. Constantly re-read the brochures I've got and apply immediately for one from any companies I haven't already got one for! Have just bought new ski gear and pranced around in it to show the other half!

(Am even so sad as to have done a chart on Excel showing which resorts would be best based on certain criteria. I really do think I need some help.)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hannah, Check out Silver Ski, all their chalets are down to £299 for the week 9th jan, in all resorts! I know cos my Mum just booked to come and see me!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'll have my boots and skis on tonight at the dryslope (and helmet and leg guards too Twisted Evil ) Does that count ? Puzzled
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
yeah I'm not the only one snowHead
been pouring over brochures trying to save pennies and work out if we can afford a second holiday in march (where's that lottery entry ticket gone wink )
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Nade, I did see that actually! However we are booking last minute to see where the snow is. Its tempting, but my husband does a 9 day fortnight with fairly measly holiday allowance and unfortunately that week is not one of the 4 day ones. Might change our minds though, but will have to be a last minute check of the snow!
Its a toss-up between a 6 night holiday for 5 days off, or a 7 night holiday for 4 days off, albeit the 7 night holiday is obviously going to be more expensive. However we might only manage one skiing holiday this year so the longer the better!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob and sharon wrote:
yeah I'm not the only one snowHead
been pouring over brochures trying to save pennies and work out if we can afford a second holiday in march (where's that lottery entry ticket gone wink )

Snap!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I keep wondering if I could possibly squeeze in an extra week or two at the end of the season I've only booked 7 weeks so far Embarassed
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
No, you've clearly used up your snowHeads Moderator official holiday allowance, DGO.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David Goldsmith, Looks like I'll have to consider taking unpaid leave then, oops I forgot I don't get paid anyway wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Hannah, Check out Silver Ski, all their chalets are down to £299 for the week 9th jan, in all resorts! I know cos my Mum just booked to come and see me!
only a 6 day holiday but still great value.
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Nadenoodlee wrote:
only a 6 day holiday but still great value.

Don't suppose they'd be reduced even further last minute? Might be able to get two holidays next year then ...
snow report
I had a three hour conversation about skiing last night, and when my Dad came to visit last weekend, I got my skis out to show him
snow report
booked two holidays
tried on my ski pants (only to check the sizing for buying a pair of extra North Face XCR ski pants on ebay - new £60 inc postage! I'm sure I paid close to £200 for my current pair 5 years ago, fraid they are black though*)
* by the way someone was looking for colourful skipants. Someone is selling NF pants aimed at the Japanese market - pink or orange - on ebay. Not my bag but othes may disagree...
put iron-on patches on edge cuts to my jacket and ski pants
bought a new soft-shell jacket
spent too much time here and on Epic
even wrote a packing list for my trip in Feb
sad really
snow conditions
I bought some Dianese armoured pants last week and have been wandering around the house in them.

Also my other half bought some new snowboard boots and I have been sighted trying them on even though he is 4 sizes bigger than me.

I have a pile of ski brochures 3 ft high and am constantly on the webcams looking for signs of snow.

It all seems rather normal behaviour to me................. Little Angel Little Angel

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 29-10-05 7:14; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Quote:

I bought some Dianese armoured pants last week and have been wandering around the house in them
Are those like the ones Bridget Jones wore?
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, Hello mummy - yes!!
snow report
I've got a bag full of brochure's from the NEC last weekend, all the resorts in Canada / America to read through. Makes tempting reading, now where did I put the credit card Mad
ski holidays
I have had my boots out since coming back from Corfu in September ! Might wear them tonight on the stepper !
latest report
I've been thinking that really October half term is an excellent opportunity to start the ski-ing season that I've been wasting. I performed a sharp left turn to press my nose against the window of Ellis Brigham this morning because they had some shiny ski boots in the window. I can't wait for the Val Thorens webcams to start up and I've already started thinking about ski-ing 2006/7. Coupled to this I've got a serious addiction to snowHeads which means I can't stay away for more than about three hours.

Please help snowHead
snow conditions
I hate Ski Brochures 9 times out of 10 they have old photographs, crap write-ups.
I wonder who does this kind of Job checking out all the resorts for the big operators it must be so easy , just a copy & paste job from one year to the next Very Happy

These Forums are where its at now Very Happy
snow report
Driving back along the M6 last night between Tebay and Lancaster. I found myself grading the slopes at the side of the motorway into greens, blues, reds and blacks and wishing that the summits were 2000 metres further above sea level.
ski holidays
I keep putting on my snowHead 's hat, shades, and scarf, but I havn't been able to justify wearing it out as it still isn't cold enough Sad Sad

I am planning to go snowhead fishing in Manchester soon. My plan is to go and see some art galleries I havn't seen yet and the odd bar. I will be wearing my snowheads hat whilst traveling between venues and anticipate bumping into at least one snowhead who recognises the hat!!!!

Lets see if we can make snowHead fishing a winter olympic sport Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
Have had my blades serviced - but only to sell them.
Am also looking into replacement bindings for my skis as I trashed one in a rather messy crash last season.
Have worn my boots around the house as they are nearly as comfy as slippers Cool
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Clive, I drive that part of the M6 nearly every day, just think what fun we could have if they were always covered in snow. Or do you think the planners would allow us to cover them in 'Snowflex' ?
snow report
How about practicing with the avalanche bleeps in the house by playing hide and seek?
ski holidays
I've got a Jan trip back to les Arcs with ten other buds, mostly from my old village and drinkers in the Red Lion. I bumped into an old friend in another pub a few miles away, and he mentioned that he had seen the old gang of guys 'n gals standing in a group at the Red bar swaying like they were very drunk. As he got closer it turned out they were all discussing ski and board techniques complete with body motions - and they aren't even the obsessive ones hehehe
latest report
Nah, not me. I did this weeks ago Wink We've already booked our 3 holidays so have nowt to scour the internet for (bar stupid deals on skiing related sundries on ebay) Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Bought a new ski jacket today and have tried it on about 5 times!!
My boots never really go into hibernation, i tell them throughout the summer months that the snow will soon be here.
Booked for Andorra in Feb just looking for flights for EOSB for April now, maybes if i work on Mr M we might get a cheapie inbetween Cool Cool Cool
snow conditions
Symptoms, what symptoms?
snow conditions
*Ava*Lanche*, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
ski holidays
Ian Hopkinson, Thank you. snowHead
snow report
Yep got the same symtoms

Off for a tonic tomorrow though (today now) to the Northern Ski Show at Manchester!!

Should give me a fix until December.... Little Angel
snow report
Quote:

We've already booked our 3 holidays

The nice thing about this forum is that behaviour that seems extreme to other people (work colleagues, accountant) is completely normal amongst snowHead Snowheads snowHead , so I have no guilt about my 3 holidays in 2006, although I daren't enter any "win a holiday" competitons just in case it becomes 4 ski trips - or am I being sensitive?
snow conditions
jebus, you people are late with the symptoms Toofy Grin

I did something that I thought I would never do. I bought clothes hangers. Nice wooden ones they were too Very Happy

Why, so that I could unpack my jacket, ski pants, hat and glove liners from the plastic and them horrible tin clothes hangers and put them on the nice new wooden one Smile

Now I can't decide if it's better to go to Engelberg in Feb and Cham in March or Cham in Feb and Engelberg in March. Anybody know about the school holidays in CH ? Does it get as radio in CH as it does in the French resorts ? Perhaps this needs a new thread ...
ski holidays
Martin Nicholas, your idea of 'the norm' does get shifted by snowHeads, we skied the Saturday morning of our departure on a Val Thorens trip with Inghams and this was considered a bit extreme!

smolo, well done with the coat hangars!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy