Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

28TH FEB - 9TH MARCH 2 WANTED TO SHARE COSTS FOR DRIVE TO SKI.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone up for a shared drive to anywhere its snowing.

I dont care where we go as long as its white

I will be driving from Dorset up to The channel tunnel and can collect you on route.

Total cost will is £ 179.75 plus accomadation each ( based on four ), i will be traveling with my son who is (10), so single parents are welcome or just a couple who want to get somewhere cheap.

I will do all the driving.

IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED GET IN TOUCH ASAP AS I WANT TO GET CRACKING, CHEERS.

OR IF THERE ARE ENOUGH TO GET A 7 SEAT MPV, COST WILL BE £ 148 PER HEAD PLUS ACCOMADATION.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
£179.75 each x 4 to cover Eurotunnel and fuel/tolls? Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Euro tunnel is £ 139 return
Fuel is approx £ 200
Car hire £300

Extras not accounted for like tolls, extra fuel, parking £ 80

Total £719 divided by 4 = £ 179.75 which is bloody cheap by anyone's budget add on to the the Accomadation I've found in morzine for example which is £ 612 divided by 4 = £ 153 each

So for a week skiing in Morzine it will cost £ 332.53 , if you can find a better deal than that I'd like to see it.

But thanks for the sarcasm.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Esdel, I hadn't appreciated car hire.

Not sarcasm BTW, just surprise.

Your accomMOdation does sound very reasonable wink

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 2-02-13 12:29; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Esdel, with the two of you, wouldn't you be better off getting a cheap flight, then hiring a car or getting a cheap transfer?

That's French school holiday time - Morzine will be very busy. If you're taking your lad out of school (which is a good idea) seems a shame to go in the French school holiday time.

How long is your Morzine accommodation for? 28th February is a Thursday.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've checked out easy ( expensive) jet and it appears the flight return are about £120 but with snow board £54 and hold baggage £20 , £ 194 each, it seems slightly more economical to drive.

It's an adventure for a 10 year old, just trying to show him there are many solution to a simple problem.

And yes Accomadation is from Friday am, plan is to leave on Thursday and drive through the night arriving on Friday,and leave the following Sunday so effectively 9 full days in resort.

But I use Morzine as an example of what I've come up with, I'll happily go anywhere
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Esdel, have you actually been offered accommodation from a Friday to Sunday in Morzine in the school holidays for £612? I'd be very surprised - and impressed - if you've actually got an offer of that, rather than just finding something which might not be available for those precise dates.

It's not really more economical to drive if you have to hire a car, even for four - you have underestimated toll costs by quite a bit, for a start. And for two of you an easyJet flight would be far cheaper.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It would indeed for two but for four, its much cheaper by far for all, and that's why I asked if there were two others that fancied it, if I get no takers then ill have no choice but to go package.

Yes been offered Accomadation for that and I don't think I've underestimated the tolls at all, but your entitled to your opinion, if I have underestimated then it will come out of my pocket.

Thanks for the advice
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Esdel, it's not my opinion, it's just, unfortunately, what it costs, which is around €70 each way. But of course you have an alternative to package - you can still do a DIY holiday and even for two people accommodation in French school hols, for 9 days for £612 is a bargain - you won't easily find a 9 day package. You can get quite cheap transfers from Geneva to Morzine, though it's still French hols and slopes will be crowded.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
This place I'm in Haute-Nendaz seems to be available, it's s/c 4 minute walk to the main telecabine, and seems to be 600 euro for a week, but I'd be bold and maker her an offer..
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy