Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Breaking Vole News...

Poster: A snowHead
Some of you want him stuffed. Well now he is...

http://www.fionaoutdoors.co.uk/2013/02/move-over-meerkat-heres-vince-Snivel.html

Want one?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Funnily enough link is broken but in a touching tribute to the excellence in grammar of her spancer she refers to Paul Keith as the marketing genius behind this. You can buy some made in china POS soft toy then compete to instagram it in lots of places to win a whole £200 of neilson vouchers (presumably only valid for discount off full price holiday during a full moon). Derivative much?

I nominate Mr Piehole to buy a few and then post his stop motion recreation of the Human Centipede on Vine.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fatbob, that link works for me. I notice the S word is replaced by Snivel though by the forum software.

Ha ha Paul Keith.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
WTF?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Maybe its time for a SH range of soft toys.
Cuddly CEM, Fuzzy Goldsmith, Plush Piehole, Stuffed Boris, Keep Away From Fire Admin, and so forth.
Collect all your favourites...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Richard_Sideways, It's best not to copy so I'd be in favour of more hardcore rubberised versions.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bode Swiller, wrong, oh so wrong...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Richard_Sideways, he got there before Boris Twisted Evil
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nobody wants to be the proud owner of a 15" black rubber Boris.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
A soft toy in the form of admin would frighten the children.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Nobody wants to be the proud owner of a 5" black rubber Boris.

FIFY
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A T shirt, sweatshirt, sticker, 'buff', hat etc, are so much more useful as marketing tools IMV
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Megamum, I think a suitably branded (and discreetly packaged) black rubber Boris . . . would certainly hit the spot.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Masque, Laughing I suppose the big problem might be which way up it was intended to be used.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
its actually cute Laughing

Shant be rushing to buy one though - even with the incentive of potentially winning £200!!!!!!!! vouchers.
snow conditions
It's tail looks like a catheter Shocked
snow report
Bode Swiller wrote:
fatbob, that link works for me. I notice the S word is replaced by Snivel though by the forum software.

Ha ha Paul Keith.

Indeed, haha.
snow report
It looks like a corpse propped up for a wake in which something awful has happened to it's eyes. Substitute it for a human and there is a horror movie or two in there.
snow conditions
Quote:

Megamum, I think a suitably branded (and discreetly packaged) black rubber Boris . . . would certainly hit the spot.

Batteries not included.
snow conditions
Acacia, It has an alcohol based fuel cell . . . just add vodka an it will grumble away to itself for hours.
latest report
Masque, I wonder if it would wear a skirt?
snow conditions
Megamum, A range of cross and gender specific accessories will be available to enable your Boris to fit in anywhere.
ski holidays
Masque wrote:
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Nobody wants to be the proud owner of a 2" black rubber Boris.

FIFY

No I FIFY Embarassed
ski holidays
Megamum, yes it will

Masque, gin
ski holidays
MANUFACTURER'S WARNING! It has been brought to our attention that some Black Rubber Boris'® are being fueled with gin. We must advise against this as it causes intermittent running, poor performance and ultimately severe degradation to the structure of your 'Boris'. We do not warranty repairs to any Boris that we find has been subject to owner abuse.
latest report
Masque, sounds like that's bog standard gin that's causing those problems, what the Boris needs is sloe gin, it lubricates the parts others can't reach.
latest report
Ok, so it sounds like we've settled on a black, rubber, lubricated, multi-directional-usability, 5" Boris... with a skirt. I'll get onto China for prototyping right away.
ski holidays
Bode Swiller, You must include the ability to connect multiple Boris' together to create a 'Cluster Boris™' (all Rights, current and future retained)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Will this Boris be used in photos to earn up to £200?
ski holidays
Masque, Wouldn't that more accurately be a Cluster-F**k Boris?

rogg, with the right extras and lighting we could be talking a lot more than that per minute.
snow report
Bode Swiller, Shirley 'Boris' is a euphemism and the 'f' is redundant ?
snow report
Bode Swiller wrote:
Ha ha Paul Keith.

I don't know who this person is. I recall meeting a Phil Pages of stuffedVole.com, a few months ago. I'll add this toy to my collection of stuffed marmots and stuffed taxidermists.
latest report
Have I missed something here, I have taken a look at Snivel and it seems to be another skier based forum thingy......Does this make us the cool kids and thus we sneer at them? If it is then can I not be in the "cool" group?

I'm happy for someone to fill me in.....
ski holidays
**Snivel, not Snivel!!
ski holidays
davidhammy, I think you'll find that da management have used the profanity filter to alter Sn0wv0le to Snivel.
latest report
davidhammy, It's just another forum and I see CEM listed Confused

Looks neat and tidy but very commercial and money focused.
snow report
davidhammy, there's quite a lot of history here, including when Phil Keith used to be involved with snowheads.
snow conditions
Shaaarp intake of breath.......it's not commercialy focused is it, the rotters!! There's me surviving on little pebbles at the bottom of a dam, walking up hill both ways etc and there they are over there in their bloody ivory towers, trying to pay the bills and make a little cash. Hanging is too good for them, weren't like that in my day etc.......

Reading some of the comments above makes me cringe.
ski holidays
davidhammy, Here's one 'amusing' thread from when Phil Keith was involved in snowheads. There are others wink http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=73710&highlight=awards
snow report
What Masque is saying - as I understand it - is that snowVole perfectly illustrates the issue that always seems to bug ski publishing (be it print or online or whatever) in the UK ...

... the reader being left with the impression that they are a pawn in a commercial chess game.

For what it's worth, I was taught the 'tablet of stone' - keep advertising strictly separate from editorial - by Felix Dennis (Dennis Publishing) 35 years ago. It's the rule that governs any good newspaper, magazine, ITV, etc. etc. etc. And it's no different for any online publication or forum.

snowHeads succeeds because all comment is commanded by readers, who are mainly everyday skiers, who trust it enough to be contributors.

Simple!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy