Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Urgent Ski transfer needed from Innsbruck to Ischgl

Poster: A snowHead
Hi I have just been let down on my ski transfer from Innsbruck to Ischgl. Arriving from the UK at 855am on 2nd Feb (Tomorrow). Travelling to Ischgl. Anyone with a spare seat on their transfer, please please get in contact?
Many thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is a website which some people have mention on here which allows people to find others who are doing a transfer. Sorry I can't remember the URL but if you have a search on here you should be able to find the link.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Nicky
I had something booked with C Frey Transfers through Ski-Transfer.com. They cancelled last night at 8pm... small bit panicked now but will probably find something at the airport worst case. Puzzled
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have you tried the other transfer companies?

Try these people, they should be able to hook you up with a transfer company: http://www.ski-lifts.com/
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Zero G, have sent a request.. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed.. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
lyndseyaknox@gmail.com, https://www.tirol-taxi.at/ - a one-way to Ischgl for one is 71 Euro.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
lyndseyaknox@gmail.com, the other way is taxi or bus to Innsbruck station, train to Landeck and then jump on the bus.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
as others have said it's a very easy journey by public transport
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes easy by public transport, bus from airport to train station, train to Landeck and bus to Ischgl. I'm doing it on 2nd March. Not expensive and shouldn't take much more than a couple of hours.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
lyndseyaknox@gmail.com,

The bus stop for Innsbruck station is right outside arrivals, its bus F you need. Costs a couple of euros and takes 15 - 20 mins to get to the station, as you go round the houses. Taxi is 12 Euros.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pasted in from the OeBB website - apologies for the horrid format but just about still readable

Basically you're aiming for the 09.54 from Innsbruck main station to Landeck - it's the express from Vienna

Innsbruck Flughafen (Haupteingang) 02.02.13 dep 09:25 Bus F
Innsbruck Hbf (Südtiroler Platz Steig B) arr 09:40 B
Direction: Baggersee
Comments: Bicycle-transport: Number of bicycles limited; Vehicle: Low floor vehicle; Company: Innsbrucker Verkehrsbetriebe, +43 512 5307-199; space for wheelchairs
Innsbruck Hbf (Südtiroler Platz Steig B) dep 09:40 Walk
Innsbruck Hbf arr 09:45
Comments: Walking distance approx. 5 min., Walk approximately 250m Map
Innsbruck Hbf dep 09:54 3 RJ 364
Landeck-Zams arr 10:34 2
Direction: Zürich HB
Comments: mobile on-board service (snacks and beverages); Bordrestaurant; space for wheelchairs; Wheelchair space - For advance notification, call +43 (0) 5 1717; Vehicle-mounted access ramp for wheelchair users; WC accessible for wheelchair; handy/quiet zones; Children's cinema
Landeck-Zams dep 10:34 Walk
Landeck-Zams Bahnhof (Vorplatz) arr 10:35
Comments: Walking distance approx. 1 min., Way less than 100m,, Connection at delay as a rule ensured Map
Landeck-Zams Bahnhof (Vorplatz) dep 11:05 C Bus 4240
Ischgl Florianiparkplatz arr 12:00 B
Operator: ÖBB-Postbus GmbH Direction: Galtür Wirl
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Corky wrote:
Yes easy by public transport, bus from airport to train station, train to Landeck and bus to Ischgl. I'm doing it on 2nd March. Not expensive and shouldn't take much more than a couple of hours.

Do you know how much the entire journey will cost? I am doing it the same day as you and want to compare with a direct transfer.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ianvip, You can't buy tickets for the bus in advance. I believe the airport to Innsbruck train station is about €2 each way and Landeck train station to Ischgl is about €10 each way. The bus is timed in Landeck to meet the train and the bus stop is directly outside the station. The return train we've booked in advance and cost €23. A word of warning though. If you've got an early flight home you might have to get a taxi from Ischgl to Landeck as the first bus isn't until 06:20. We'll have to do that as we are flying at 09:55. Cost is €68.

Out of interest where are you flying from and where are you staying?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks corky. flying from gatwick on easyjet land at 10.15am. staying at Garni Ida. Never been to Ischgl but have heard good things. What time do you land? do you know the resort well?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just changed my flight so now land at 16:25
snow conditions
ianvip, That's a more sociable time. We're landing at 08:55 and yes I know the resort very well as I've been going for twenty years or so. As it happens we're staying a snowball's throw from you in the Neder next to the petrol station. A mate of mine stayed in the Ida a couple of years ago and really liked it and it certainly looks nice from the exterior. How many of you are there, there are thirteen of us at the last count plus some Dutch friends we met there in 1999. Any information you require just ask and if you want showing around I'd be more than happy, particular the bars wink Oh and by the way, the place rocks and ther's sunny weather forecast snowHead
ski holidays
Corky, was wondering what our location is like? and possibly where I should book skis online for rental? I am a boarder with my own board but was thinking of trying to ski a couple of the days. My mate does both. Just the 2 of us this holiday booked last minute holiday. could always be persuaded to see the bars, especially as used to French resorts and hear these are much better
snow conditions
ianvip, you'll love the Ida , stayed there a coupe of years back , great people , nice room etc
Location is fine , five min walk to town and lifts , plenty of hire options right by the lift , good place to store skis , save having to lug the back down the hill . Bars are plentiful and interesting !!!!
ski holidays
ianvip, The Ida is at the eastern end of the village with two lifts close by, the Pardatschgratbahn and the Fimbabahn. The latter takes you up to Idalpe where all the lifts fan out from, the former takes you higher but you'll have to ski down to Idalpe to get anywhere unless you want to go straight back to the village. There are places to leave your equipment in both. At the first you hand your gear in while the second has lockers. Our hotel has its own lockers and I'm pretty sure the Ida has too. If you ask in the hotel you might get a free key, otherwise its €2 to close them. There's an Intersport by the lifts but its quite expensive and a smaller shop just up from it, Ischgl Rent. Probably the best online is Sport Zangerl with discount code CUK12SES. Go to the Fimbabahn and its at the exit of the tunnel.

Plenty of apres ski bars on that side of town too, Nikis Stadl, the Nevada, the Kitzloch, the Schatzi. Whether they're better than French bars depends on what you're looking for but they're all far livelier than any French bar I've ever been to.
ski holidays
Corky, I'm out in Galtur from this Saturday, aiming to ski mainly in Iscghl (possibly even with the SCGB leader, perish the thought !). Any chance of meeting up for a day's skiing ?
snow conditions
Of course as long you don't show me up. wink I'll send you a PM with my phone no.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy