Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fujative vs 1080 vs Mad trix

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I took a year off last year so wasn't aware of the new stuff coming out. Now I need new skis and want some advice. I ski all mountain with about 35% of the time in the park. I'd previously refused to get with the times and buy new skis, but my old straight rossi racing skis finally imploded after 5 years of excellent service.

I demo'd some Mad trix(normal ones) 2 years ago and loved them, and I've heard good things about Fujatives. Recently everyone I've heard from has pointed me toward Saloman 1080's. Any opinions on these 3 skis would be appreciated, especially comparisons.

All of them seem to be priced about the same ~$300
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome Bredman, you've chosen 3 very similar skis, you'll mainly find people offering advice on the difference between the brands Head / K2 / Salomon. All three skis are fantastic, although I haven't skied the Fujatives but as they are Pep's pro-model I would have thought they ski nice.

They might be called all mountain skis but I think they are still very much park skis with the ability to go other places. IMO for all mountain you're really going to want something a little beefier, perhaps Volkl Karma. But in truth I like things fat so would really recommend Volkl Gotama, Dynastar Big Troubles or Head Mad Tricks Mojo (couple of Atomics too but never skied them) if you want to have a twin tip.

Tell us a little more about your skiing so we can try and *push you* in one direction or t'other. Wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I skied 1080's for a while and really liked them on the piste, although the old profile were a bit skinny for off-piste. I think they are a bit fatter these days.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bredman, most people are probably pointing to 1080's because they are the supposed "cool ski" to have, and this is probably due to them being the original benchmark for freestyle skis. I personally don't like them, where as the Heads are awesome.

I would suggest trying all these skis in resort and chosing for yourself, after all who really is cooler, the guy standing around in the park with his 1080's or the guy who's actually using his freestyle skis?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
FastCarver, you're gonna need to spend some more time in the park my friend or was it a typo... if what you're saying is true then it's the PFs to look "cool" on. The 1080s are a little "old skool" for that.

Try this: Head if you're Swedish (or aspire to be) 1080s if you're British or 'The Peps' if you're from anywhere else... Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the input so far, guys.

I've recently relocated to Northern Montana, exactly in between Fernie, BC and Big Mountain, Montana. The former has a pretty weak park, but (despite last years shortcomings) generally excellent powder. I'd spend most of the day in the bowls there, but hit the park enough to need twin-tips.
The latter I'd haven't skied before, so who knows...

I've been skiing on old skool thin(straight) skis circa 1999. Big ones, 181cm for a guy who's 5'9" 145 lbs. The Mad trix(not Mojo) and Scratch BC's were plenty fat for a me. The BC's were nice to ride on, but heavy and awkward when flying. I think the Mojo's will be wider than I'd want.

I'm thinking 161-165ish length and mid-fat.

You are right on one thing though, I should test out each type, but it just started snowing and I'm not the patient type. Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bredman, that's easy then you need the Pocket Rocket. This ski was designed for you, same (or similar) dimensions as the BC, light and soft in all the right places Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Head Mad_Trix has been replaced by the Mojo 80 this season. It's a little wider-waisted and slightly straighter than the Mad_Trix. The wider version is now called Mojo 90 - it's identical to last year's Mad_Trix Mojo. There is also a massive "Supermojo" (102mm waist).
The Salomon Pocket Rocket has been replaced by the "1080 Gun". There are also two narrower new versions of the 1080, the "Thruster" and the "Foil".
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thats what I needed, thanks Martin Bell,

Bredman, 1080 Gun. Ski it. Buy it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy