Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fitting boot liners back into shells

davidmt83
davidmt83
Hi,

I've taken the liners out of my Lange RX 100s and I'm struggling to get them back in. They're unclipped and I've given them a push but I'm somewhat struggling!

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks

David
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davidmt83, push them a damn lot harder!! I used to fight until I discovered that you practically have to deform them to get them back in (they always seem to recover). I guess a shot of silicone spray would probably help, but I haven't found it necessary since discovering the knack.
ski holidays
 davidmt83
davidmt83
Megamum wrote:
davidmt83, push them a damn lot harder!! I used to fight until I discovered that you practically have to deform them to get them back in (they always seem to recover). I guess a shot of silicone spray would probably help, but I haven't found it necessary since discovering the knack.
Awesome. Time to get bully boy on these liners!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Having seen what they do to them in store, looks like it takes a lot of oomph to get these babies back in - have another Shredded Wheat!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davidmt83, ? You are putting the left liner back into the left boot ?? Shocked

They should not be that difficult...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
davidmt83, You could always put the liners on your feet, then step into the shells, make sure they're warm first.
ski holidays
 davidmt83
davidmt83
ski wrote:
davidmt83, ? You are putting the left liner back into the left boot ?? Shocked

They should not be that difficult...

Yep! Not overly knowledgeable about boots but definitely not a moron Wink

Spyderman wrote:
davidmt83, You could always put the liners on your feet, then step into the shells, make sure they're warm first.

Interesting idea - my backup plan!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
davidmt83, I have Zip-Fit liners and it's the only way i can get my boots on.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
davidmt83, I am not going to admit how I found out it's more difficult the put the wrong one in wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
put the shell on a surface toes towards you, make sure everything is open (clips) push down the back of the liner, it will forma "Z" shape, when it gets to the point where it wont go any further or starts to go round the corner, take your hands out and push from the cuff or put a hand inside the liner MIND YOUR KNUCKLES
ski holidays
 davidmt83
davidmt83
CEM wrote:
put the shell on a surface toes towards you, make sure everything is open (clips) push down the back of the liner, it will forma "Z" shape, when it gets to the point where it wont go any further or starts to go round the corner, take your hands out and push from the cuff or put a hand inside the liner MIND YOUR KNUCKLES
Kind of follow this - don't suppose there's a video online which shows your method by any chance?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Most people are a bit gollum about their ski kit.

Skis and boots respond well to harsh treatment.

Just give it some, you won't hurt the boot or the liner.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
davidmt83, there is not but if i get a chance in the next millennium i will try to post one Little Angel
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I do mine the CEM, way I guess, toe on the deck towards me, I put my hand inside the liner, toe down so my finger tips are touching the toe end, then push in and as far around the bend as I can, remove hand and push the heel in, again...watch your nails/knuckles on the sharp plastic where the cuff joins.
snow report
 davidmt83
davidmt83
gatecrasher wrote:
I do mine the CEM, way I guess, toe on the deck towards me, I put my hand inside the liner, toe down so my finger tips are touching the toe end, then push in and as far around the bend as I can, remove hand and push the heel in, again...watch your nails/knuckles on the sharp plastic where the cuff joins.

Wear it like a glove then ram it in the hole. Got it!

Thanks guys - all appreciated Smile
ski holidays
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
davidmt83, So simple when you say it like that! Evil or Very Mad

Laughing
snow report
practice in the dark for those mountain hut with no electricity moments.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As CEM says, sometimes better to remove the foot bed to allow the liner to bend a little bit. I put my fingers in right to the end and bend the sole upwards. Not difficult really. Laughing
ski holidays
Cynic, why would you remove them in that situation?
ski holidays
 davidmt83
davidmt83
Dypcdiver wrote:
As CEM says, sometimes better to remove the foot bed to allow the liner to bend a little bit. I put my fingers in right to the end and bend the sole upwards. Not difficult really. Laughing
Remove the foot bed? I don't see where CEM said that?
snow conditions
davidmt83, each to their own but I wouldn't want to try and put my cork beds in after, I'd be worried about them getting caught up and bending them overly or the wrong way! Confused
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
davidmt83 wrote:
I've taken the liners out of my Lange RX 100s and I'm struggling to get them back in. They're unclipped and I've given them a push but I'm somewhat struggling!
Any advice is appreciated!

Bin the Langes and buy some Garmont Endorphins. That way you can put the liner on and then step into the unclipped shell. Nirvana! wink
snow report
davidmt83 wrote:
Dypcdiver wrote:

i was thinking that too
snow report
 davidmt83
davidmt83
CEM wrote:

For all you worriers out there... Good news! I did it! Shell facing me, pushed down on the heel of the of the liner, it bent and collapsed a little, then pushed it round assisted with a poke of fingers inside it. Now wearing them - thanks all!
snow conditions
davidmt83,
Quote:

He didn't but I perhaps used the wrong punctuation! I really meant in addition to his post.
Anyway glad you cracked the problem. Blush
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

MIND YOUR KNUCKLES

what the hell are knuckles, are they the bits i have on my hands in Septemeber and gradually erode away?
ski holidays
I always put the boot on a flat surface so the toes are to the left. I stand on the toe and heel lugs so the thing won't move then guide the liner with my left hand and shove hard with my right. Of course, it's a damn sight easier with 3-piece boots like Flexons Wink
latest report
CEM, When you do your you tube video can you do 'the proper way' to do ski boots up as well, please.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I place hand on outside of liner along foot and bend front part of liner to match boot shell. Push liner and hand into boot, feeding liner round boot ankle angle with hand in boot. Then withdraw hand, avoiding sharp bits, and give heel a good shove to finish. 10 seconds/boot.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
davidmt83, You did put the right liner in the right boot? . . . and L to L . . . just sayin' cos youz been faffin' with it for a while and if you do it backward it can be a touch more difficult . . . and a bit uncomfortable for thye 3 days that I did it Embarassed
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy