Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

MERIBEL OR VAL THORENS

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hellow fellow Snow heads

Has anyone been to meribel or val thorens in April ?

Trip date is set for FRIDAY 5TH April , the apre ski is important to us so I am leaning towards meribel but should i be worried about snow cover ??
I have a tiny knowledge of meribel and zero for val thorens so any help would be very appreciated.
Thanks a million in advance guys !!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
at that time of year VT is higher so would probably be safer for decent snow
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
LOADS of people on here have been to Val T in April!! snowHead

I'd say VT too.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
val
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It is a group of guys looking for good apre ski , is VT going to cut it ?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Definitely VT - Meribel, lovely though it is, can get very slushy / icy / bare patches at that time of year.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd go for VT. Easy enough to ski into Meribel from there if you want to, and guaranteed snow in VT. Very icy on certain runs at that time of year in the other valleys if the weather warms up a bit. Plus from VT you can get down to Menuires to go to L'Ours Blanc for lunch. Which is the best reason for going anywhere that there is.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Unless you really don't care about the skiing, go to Val Thorens.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm going at a similar time, and would not consider Meribel, although I am hopeful I can ski there in the mornings at least.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wow , I feel very silly , I was about to book and thought i should put a quick post in here , does anyone have any ideas for cheap accomodation in VT ? nothing special for guys doing a mix of duration from 3 nights to 6 nights ??
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Glad iv seen this, me and my mates have the same decision but for the 9th March. Would people still recommend VT over Mribel that time of year? Is there much difference in the après between the two?? rolling eyes
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

my mates have the same decision but for the 9th March

You'll be sharing the pistes with lots of Parisiens then - the worst of the 4 French school holiday weeks. wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just make sure it's not 'Dutch Ski Week'!!! Thousands of crazy Dutch arrive in VT (no I didn't believe it either) and there is no room on the slopes and its highly dangerous! From memory they may arrive a bit later, best to check though.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
definitely VT..... try temples du soleil, or machu pichu. Maybe try a late booking on a chalet as there are some seriously under occupied chalets at the moment and they are short on bookings at present.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jarv140101,
Just a quick look here gives a 4 person studio in the best location with 6 day 3 vallies pass for 350 euro each.
Not bad.
https://resa.valthorensimmobilier.com/ValThorensImmobilier/ValThorensImmobilier/ls_b_coord.asp?lang=fr
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy