Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sella Ronda - recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Am looking for a chalet holiday, not sure if you get them in Italy, for the Sella Ronda in March, there's two of us.

If a chalet isn't possible then a nice small and friendly hotel

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 30-01-13 21:40; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chalets tend to be few and far between in Italy.

Anywhere on the sella really, beware though, a few resoerts are "on the sella" but out on a limb meaning a long bus ride or a long ski before you hop onto the ronda itself.

Skiing to it isn't so bad but getting a bus back at 4.30 is.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi, Mountainsun ltd have a ski in/out catered chalet in San Cassiano which is good and well placed to ski sella-ronda. It's not "on" the sella ronda but I see that as a positive, near enough to easily ski the route in a day, without buses but far enough away to enjoy quieter skiing on other days.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hotel Alpi in Camitello fantastic, hotel, food, staff and ideal for the bus stop! I'm going for a second time on Saturday
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We have chalets in the Dolomites, one in San Cassiano is on the piste! - 2 lifts (including the one outside the door of the chalet) to Corvara to join sella Ronda.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
radar, this company was recommended to me by a couple of snowHeads - http://www.colletts.co.uk/winter/ - we've booked for March 10th.

You'll have to ring them to check availability/book - they have chalets and small hotels.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Crystal have a few chalets in Canazei.

I stayed in one in January and was impressed by the holiday.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Inghams have chalets in Arabba and La Villa, Ski Total have chalets in Arabba and Selva.

We stayed in one called Brigitta in Arabba, only a min or so walk/ski to the Burz lift. So right on the Sella Ronda.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
radar wrote:
Hi

Am looking for a chalet holiday, not sure if you get them in Italy, for the Sella Ronda in March, there's two of us.

If a chalet isn't possible then a nice small and friendly hotel

Could do no better than contacting Colletts, they have very pleasant catered chalets/small hotels in Arabba, Covara and Pedraces. All very good for the Selle Ronda. Good value and very nice people.

Hope this helps.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
radar, Hi mate... thought I would pop onto this thread as I to am looking to book a holiday to the Dolomites next year... I would like somewhere on or close to the SR circuit... I asked a friend, whi has just got back for some advice so I thought I would post it here as well for you. I am sure they wouldn't mind... I was thinking Canazei... Hope this helps

Canazei - yes it's directly linked to the Sella Ronda - there's 2 routes - 1 is sportier and higher than the other (one clockwise and the other anti clockwise) so that's 2 days skiing. There are 7 ski areas in Val di Fassa - you can do one or two in a day (if doing 2 there will be a short bus journey between but these are regular). Passo San Pellegino is worth the bus ride out - high resort with plenty of challenges for a day (about an hour by free bus). There are other areas on the Sella Ronda you could explore in a day (in addition to the 7 in Val di Fassa). Basically you need never do the same thing twice in a week.

I don't know Canazei other than stopping there at the end of a day skiing that resort. We went to the Rosengarden bar - large, lively with music and singing(!), great service and endless supplies of popcorn! It was packed but not squashed - great atmosphere. The reps choose this place as their base and it is known to be the liveliest of the towns in the area. Food and drink prices are very reasonable in the area - cheaper than France and far better quality. None of that rubbish mountain food at rip off prices. It's all home cooked grub in typical alpine style restaurants and bars.

We stayed at Pozza which is not on the Sella Ronda - you have to take the bus to Canazei to join it. I think if going with a group of friends Canazei would be the best choice. If you want a quieter stay then Pozza. Last year we stayed at the San Nicolo in Pozza which is right next to the ski hire shop, Buffare lift and ski bus. It also has the nicest and best bar in the village plus a small wellness area. This year we stayed at the Sas Morin as it had half-board. That was nice also but very quiet. We also had use of a minibus to take us to all the local resorts free of charge so we didn't have to get the ski bus. The food here was excellent but the bar was very quiet.

The lift system is very good and there is so much piste you will find plenty of great places for boarding. Scenery is fantastic. There's nothing really I can find to fault it
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not a chalet but can recommend Arabba (fairly quiet) and either hotel Mesdi or Malita. Malita a little cheaper but slightly further from slopes and Mesdi a bit posher and right on the slopes. Both have great food, good quality accomodation and very friendly and helpful staff
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy