Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Close to mini bergamo

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Morning guys, very new to all of this and really enjoying reading the forum. We are a family of 4, including two boys aged 13 and 10. all lowish intermediates, skied last 4 years in Cham but keen to try somewhere in Italy.
Can tie up with flights that land in Milan bergamo and looking for;
Journey to resort within 4 hours
Nice cruise reds with a few challenges
Great food
Most self catering -mainly space to lounge around in
A few beers nothing mad
Can drive so not really a need for organised transfers

Grateful for any advice normally fly out feb half term so the advice may do this or next years break
Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry title should read Milan, Bergamo
Macro,
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try Madessimo, follow the signs for Como/Leco, head up to the north of the lake via Leco and follow the valley up. Probably three hours tops if you stick to the tunnels rather than taking the lake road.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Many thanks, most appreciated

Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Macro, 4h is lots of time for transfer. According to Google Maps Wink it is less than 3h to drive to Cervinia, Champoluc, Madonna di Campiglio or even Selva in Dolomites.
I think Cervinia sounds good - long cruisy runs + Zermatt on the other side. (but you might be better off booking the flight to Turin).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
tom w thanks for the advice. Cervinia appeals! Flying from Dublin or indeed Belfast limits our options... I've had friends who swear by the Dolomites...indeed I feel half Italian given my love of their wine, food, beer, ice cream Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Macro, just back from a few days in Champoluc, we flew direct Dublin-Milan Bergamo. Then 2 to 2.5 hour transfer to resort. Champoluc is lovely, loads of cruisy reds with challenges available if you like. Great food and restaurants, friendly locals and excellent value for money (a round of 3 coffees in a mountain restaurant comprising a cappuccino, Americano and an espresso cost only €4!) No nightlife to speak of but a small après ski scene where nibbles are always provided with drinks. Missing it already so definitely recommend!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
5RED many thanks for this. Did you get a transfer or drive? Any recommendations for accommodation? Sounds like you has a great time
Cheers
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Macro, we used a company called Ski2 who organise everything except flights. Good hotels are the Hotel Champoluc and the Breithorn where friends stayed, both very central so you could book them independently if you were going to self-drive. Ski2 very pleasant folk though and offer free guiding, equipment rental and childcare options. May be cheaper to DIY it is all I will say!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
5RED, I like the DIY challenge! Great advice, thanks
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
And Macro, if you were thinking of the Champoluc area and a self-drive then obviously Turin is a shorter transfer of 1.5 hours. Good luck!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Never thought of that! Cheers
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy