Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help with lunch / Apres at Morzine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Help! I really need the collective knowledge of you fellow Snowheads as I have never been to Morzine before.

We’re taking 50 of our guys and gals on a weekend ski trip to Morzine in March for hitting their last quarters targets. Whilst we’re over there, it’s also the businesses 9th birthday so we want to celebrate in style.

I have 2 questions.

1. Is there a really nice lunch venue that I can take 50 people into that also has access for non skiers? Up the mountain would be great but not essential.
2. What is the best Apres Ski venue in Morzine??? The Folie Douce in Val Di is my favourite Apres, so anything like that would be amazing.

Please help as I really want to make this a special trip for everyone to remember.

Many thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
trainee snowboard jedi,

For lunch, and thinking Morzine (not Avoriaz) the restaurant at the top of the Nyon cable car would have the capacity and is accessible by foot. I think it's named, originally enough, or not, the Pointe de Nyon. Friends have had weddings there and it's quite fine.

I don't think anything like the Folie Douce exists - but then I don't understand why anyone having lunch at La Fruitiere would want it spoiled by all that racket.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
under a new name wrote:
trainee snowboard jedi,

For lunch, and thinking Morzine (not Avoriaz) the restaurant at the top of the Nyon cable car would have the capacity and is accessible by foot. I think it's named, originally enough, or not, the Pointe de Nyon. Friends have had weddings there and it's quite fine.

I don't think anything like the Folie Douce exists - but then I don't understand why anyone having lunch at La Fruitiere would want it spoiled by all that racket.

Thanks, there's some hilarious feedback on Tripadvisor about this place, but in fairness it looks like it's all from the same group of people. Apparently the owner likes hitting people that complain!!

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g207359-d3729390-Reviews-Pointe_de_Nyon-Morzine_Avoriaz_Haute_Savoie_Rhone_Alpes.html
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can I have a job please?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Maybe Simon Walsh was one of those customers?

Sounds terrible though.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 30-01-13 17:17; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
trainee snowboard jedi, hah hah, maybe.

Your problem will be finding somewhere big enough or willing to accommodate 50 for lunch...that isn't sfomewhat soulless.

You may have to consider lunch in Morzine itself? Many of the hotels would be able to cope...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For Apres there used to be Robinsons and The Budda Bar (now called the Tibetan?). I don't think you'll get anything like the Folie Douce though.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looks like they're trying to create a Folie Douce type set up, called Altitude 1427

http://youtube.com/v/Ka3coAOtdt4
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Check out www.snowangel.co.uk it's the ultimate mountain restaurant and apres ski bar guide for Europe, Canada and the US. We've got Morzine covered.
Thanks
Snowangel
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SamCope, no you don't.

Amongst other thing, Mutzig is not brewed locally to Morzine.

Anyway sort yourself out your reviews are rubbish.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Weird that... considering we've just been voted in the top five wintersports websites by Daily Mail #hatersgonnahate would love any constructive feedback you have to give, and if anything in there is incorrect we'll be more than happy to fix it. Please feel free to email us at snowangelspeak@gmail.com
Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I would not consider a Daily Fail endorsement something to shout about.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy