Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Selling cracked helmet

Poster: A snowHead
Sad

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300851468079

Does this need reporting and pulling

I know that with motorcycle helmets whenever we have any doubts about shell integrity, we simply bin them
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Hardly. He's made it clear that it's cracked, no reason why someone shouldn't buy it to cannibalise for the goggle strap/earpads/internal padding/whatever.

Bike helmets aren't made of the same stuff/in the same way.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I can't believe there are 3 bids on that!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Why would you need to do that? It's quite clearly described as having a crack and the owner says he's going to buy a new one.

People buy broken stuff for all kinds of reasons. Sometimes for the parts, sometimes just to put it on show. Maybe a prospective buyer might even want to have one just for a photo shoot.

It's broken. It's described as broken. What's the problem?

Mike
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lizzard wrote:
Quote:

Hardly. He's made it clear that it's cracked, no reason why someone shouldn't buy it to cannibalise for the goggle strap/earpads/internal padding/whatever.

Bike helmets aren't made of the same stuff/in the same way.

What? Ski helmets aren't mean to protect from impact?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
olderscot wrote:
Why would you need to do that? It's quite clearly described as having a crack and the owner says he's going to buy a new one.

People buy broken stuff for all kinds of reasons. Sometimes for the parts, sometimes just to put it on show. Maybe a prospective buyer might even want to have one just for a photo shoot.

Mike

Indeed Mike, if you look at that on a PC it's visible, but on a mobile device it's not immediately obvious. I'd like to see it in large friendly letters in the main description, but I do understand that some may cannibalise it for something or other. I had it on watch on my iPhone for a few days and didn't spot the crack issue til I saw in it on my PC this morning.

Caveat emptor I guess
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ratae Corieltauvorum wrote:
olderscot wrote:

Mike

Indeed Mike, if you look at that on a PC it's visible, but on a mobile device it's not immediately obvious. I'd like to see it in large friendly letters in the main description, but I do understand that some may cannibalise it for something or other. I had it on watch on my iPhone for a few days and didn't spot the crack issue til I saw in it on my PC this morning.

Caveat emptor I guess

Does this not come up on your iPhone ? (Serious question, it's at the top of the listing on a PC screen)

Item condition:Used
“Cracked at the back”
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skitow wrote:
olderscot wrote:

Mike

Caveat emptor I guess

Does this not come up on your iPhone ? (Serious question, it's at the top of the listing on a PC screen)

Item condition:Used
“Cracked at the back”

Yes, it does, but only if you drill down, that's why I'd like to see it in the Main Title
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Current bid £4.20 + P&P

Bit of Duck Tape, quick polish. Sorted (for someone with a big head and low on funds).

snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bode Swiller wrote:
Current bid £4.20 + P&P

Bit of Duck Tape, quick polish. Sorted (for someone with a big head and low on funds).

OK, I've looked around a few places and skiers/boarders ahve the same attitude to helmets as cyclists.

Fair does, I'll shut me trap Cool
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ratae Corieltauvorum, no, you are right - just 'cos a lot of brain dead twerps think the same thing don't make it right. The helmet manufacturers all put big warnings saying if it's cracked it prob will not work and should not be used. Obv something is better than nothing if you crash but with that crack you would stand the chance of that sharp pointy edge digging straight into your skull or neck - to be avoided.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
RattytheSnowRat wrote:
Ratae Corieltauvorum, Obv something is better than nothing if you crash but with that crack you would stand the chance of that sharp pointy edge digging straight into your skull or neck - to be avoided.

That's a good point, and not one I'd considered, I'm also guessing there'd be the odd person willing to superglue that and sell it along as an undamaged used helmet.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tempted - they make cool hanging baskets.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tarquin wrote:

Orchid pot?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ratae Corieltauvorum, Wouldn't flex right then. Half the way a helmet works is preventing your brain coming to too abrubt a stop on impact, hence the cushioning. You start screwing with the flex characteristics and you can screw up that effect. You can get helmets for £20-30 that work - why bother taking the risk/hassle with a helmet that's compromised?
snow report
RattytheSnowRat wrote:
Ratae Corieltauvorum, Wouldn't flex right then. Half the way a helmet works is preventing your brain coming to too abrubt a stop on impact, hence the cushioning. You start screwing with the flex characteristics and you can screw up that effect. You can get helmets for £20-30 that work - why bother taking the risk/hassle with a helmet that's compromised?

Indeed, that's what I thought. As a motorcyclist, I've thrown away a £150 helmet after it dropped from a table top onto a cement floor.

God knows my head only just about manages without any more damage Shocked
ski holidays
Tarquin wrote:

Orchid pot?
Never tried it mate, but the for the helmet I was thinking maybe geraniums and campanula.
latest report
Tarquin wrote:
Tarquin wrote:

Orchid pot?
Never tried it mate, but the for the helmet I was thinking maybe geraniums and campanula.

So the geranium as a point plant and the campanula trailing?

Hmmm, nice, although purple against a while helmet? Shocked
snow report
Although there is C carpatica, which would be nice in that helmet

snow conditions
Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy