Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfers from Turin to La Thuile

Poster: A snowHead
I am travelling with a mate to the resort on the 3rd-10th March and neither being a driver we are struggling to get there and back.

Any ideas, train is possible on the way there but on the way back we need to be in turin at about 9 so can't really see it working out.

Ideally we'd be looking for someone who's got a couple of free seats in a car who's getting the same flights but any assistance would be greatly appreciated

James
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A pity you didn't pick Geneva Airport - much closer I'd have thought. Why did you pick Turin?
Sorry, don't know the answer, but you can get to Turin train station on the airport shuttle and then Aosta is 2 1/2 hours on the train. I think it is a bit beyond that but not sure of La Thuile's exact location relative to transport systems, not having been there.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The TOs all fly in to Turin for La Thuile so I assume it's more convenient than Geneva. There are bus services to and from Aosta if you can get there by train. Or failing that the nearest station is Pre St Didier which would probably be doable by taxi. In fairness I once looked into diy to Courmayeur and gave up when I realised how much of a faff the transfer would be.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
queen bodecia, not more convenient, but probably cheaper, as they don't need to use the Mont Blanc tunnel. I think getting to Courmayeur is probably easier from Geneva too.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
About half the distance, I'd have thought. I notice shuttle companies give Geneva as the access for La Thuile.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
By road, Turin Caselle to La Thuile is 156km, Geneva International to La Thuile is 132km.

Plenty of places online offering taxi transfers for around €200 each way.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was answering Hells Bells, about Courmayeur - but I'm probably wrong there too. In terms of time I'd guess you'll be 4 hours plus for the transfer, cubbyhoo,(bus, 2 1/2 hours (or so) train, and bus again) unless you can latch onto a transfer bus from a TO.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
An option would be to call one of the big TOs and see if you can get on one of their coaches. I did Turin - La Thuile 3 or 4 years back, I think it was only a 2 hour transfer. It is possible to find a rep in resort and arrange it there, but I'd imagine you'd want to sort it out before that.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well all the talk of Geneva wasn't much help. Having been before and spoken to people about it, I would say that whilst geneva is closer I think it takes longer to get there due to all the mountain roads ect. plus the Mt. Blanc but I will try to get on to the TOs and see if I can work something out. The way there is fine (10 euro on the train) it's just the way back which is the problem.

Any other Ideas would be appreciated but thanks for the help
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'd ring up the Hotel Planibelle (In la Thuile), and ask for the telephone number of the Crystal Rep,
And see if you can do a deal there, I'm sure if you speak to them you'll be able to work it out.

They they may be full or they may not. These guys and gals exist on the up-sells for excursions.
So I'm sure they will help.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DrLawn, while that's possibly true in resort, any in-resort rep will have to defer to their Resort Manager (if applicable) and in turn their centralised transport office in order to guarantee a place on the coach for non-booked seat requests. Resort staff typically only get sent a coach passenger manifest a day or two prior to departure, all of which is organized by the transport office, so they won't be able to offer any guarantee until one or two days beforehand.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A 30 second google reveals: http://www.shuttledirect.com/transfers/La%20Thuile or http://www.easyairporttaxis.com/airporttransfers/reservations/taxi-from-La-Thuile-to-Turin-Airport
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Turin is much better than Geneva for La Thuile - straight up the Aosta Valley and you do not need to spend a fortune on teh Mont Blanc Tunnel. There are loads of transfer companies see above post or you could do it on public transport (train to Aosta and bus from there but it would take a long time).

We go to Pila from Geneva (which passes La Thuile) as we can not get sensible flights to Turin. Love to be able to fly their.

If you are feeling lucky don't book anything and give the TO rep some folding if they have room on the bus but do note previous comment they will not know if they have room until the day before. It is completely off book so no way they could guarantee you a place, just a way for rep to make some spare cash.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Transfer companies advertise Geneva to Courmayeur as 2 hours. But no use to you, I agree.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowball wrote:
Transfer companies advertise Geneva to Courmayeur as 2 hours. But no use to you, I agree.

It is only 2hours(isn) to Courmayeur and La Thuile is only another 30Mins but the sting is the Tunnel cost - hence Turin is more sensible starting place if you can get there easily. More flights to Geneva so generally "cheaper" and more choice of flight times. Swings and Roundabouts really. Not to mention the tunnel does close but unlikely in March.

If ist only the way back chum up with the TO reps as that is the easiest way ig they are gong at the time you need. Otherwise there are loads of transfer people but it is steep for just 2 people to share.
snow conditions
200 eur/£150 seems a bit steep for a transfer and that'd put a huge dent in my budget, thanks anywayajpaul. I am going to try to get in contact with a rep but as an idea, and I don't know much about how I would go about organizing such a thing but is there no website where I could look into some kind of car share type thing, like a travel bureau? Does anyone know of such a place?

It's only the return journey which is now a problem but I would be inclined to believe that other people getting the same flight will be in the resort.

Thanks everyone again for the help you have thusfar given me, it is appreciated
ski holidays
cubbyhoo, not sure if this will be any use at all, but I found the link on the Serre Chevalier resort website a while ago http://www.mountainrideshare.com/
ski holidays
Mate where are you flying from
snow report
You can try the local companies on our site, they are based in Turin so that might help the price.. www.findtransfers.com
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy