Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Helmet debate now helped by Argos!

Poster: A snowHead
Yep, Ski Helmets now so mainstream, Argos now selling a range of them.
Page 203 of their latest catalogue.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure if helped is the correct term.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Overheard a chat out side a cafe in the Grand Massif last week where one chap genuinely asked his pal - "Do you polish your helmet?" Shocked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
At 30 quid? I was expecting 10. Sports direct still leading the way in helmets so cheap you can't use money as a reason for not wearing one logic.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Monium, and they are good helmets ('No fear' ones) too, being the only ones that actually fit me!! and have reasonable build quality
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I got a helmet from Trespass (in store) the other day for £15 in the sale! It looks like it's of decent quality and it fits me better than the one I tried on in SportsDirect. It's definitely worth having a look. Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Shouldn't a helmet fit perfect or not all? B&Q will sell you a bucket for £1.50p.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Overheard a chat out side a cafe in the Grand Massif last week where one chap genuinely asked his pal - "Do you polish your helmet?"

I laughed out loud at that one. Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

It looks like it's of decent quality

Oh dear, so do so many shiny, pretty things.
Then they break.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oh well! Anything is better than nothing. Trespass seems somewhat more reliable than the tat sold in SportsDirect. At least you have the option to return things at Trespass for a full refund if you change your mind or find something better unlike SportsDirect. There were some Sinner helmets and a few other brands I had bot heard of in TKMAXX ranging from £12 - £25 wink ALDI are selling them for £20 as well.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I wouldn't buy a helmet if you offered me one discounted from £99 to 99p. However, if I owned one I would certainly polish it.

When I began skiing (1959, through to the demise of leather boots in the early 1970s) there was a tradition that Alpine hotel staff would polish your boots overnight if you left them outside the room. I've no doubt that a helmet would receive similar care if left at the side of the corridor.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I don't polish my helmet, I wax it.

"There he goes", they say. "Look at him, wax on and then wax off"
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Carlos the Slackal wrote:
I don't polish my helmet, I wax it.

"There he goes", they say. "Look at him, wax on and then wax off"

Can you go down quicker if you wax your helmet?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

http://youtube.com/v/zWH2z5St7e8

Astonishing scenes after 0:29
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Comedy Goldsmith, That would have been funny if Top Gear hadn't beaten you to it by a couple of weeks
snow conditions
I suppose there's a logic in Top Gear covering helmets, top hats etc.
ski holidays
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
I suppose there's a logic in Top Gear covering helmets, top hats etc.

you didn't see The Stig having his helmet polished by a babe then?
latest report
Not sure how to answer that without making myself sound ridiculous and redundant.
snow report
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
Not sure how to answer that without making myself sound ridiculous and redundant.

never stopped you before? Toofy Grin
snow report
Comedy Goldsmith, Thornyhill, Laughing Laughing
Keep up the good banter ladies Laughing
snow report
Yoshimoto Purple Helmet Polish.

It used to state on the tin that "With Yoshimoto's Purple Helmet Polish you can now polish your helmet as fast as you like."

But now reads " Polish your helmet as hard as you like" and "no sticky white residue."

http://www.bikerparadise.com/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bikerparadise.com%2Facatalog%2Findex.html&WD=chain&PN=Yoshimoto.html%23a1_21BIGKINCC

And a pump finishing spray http://www.purplehelmet.co.uk/helmetpolish.html
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy