Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

action outdoors tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Hi fellow Snowheads,trying to get another ski holiday before end of season but the missus doesn't want to go again so I'm going to go on my own,just wanted to know has anyone ever stayed with action outdoors in tignes and if so what was it like,any information would be most helpful,thanks in advance
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tman80, do a search on UCPA (the centres are theirs, not action outdoors') and you should get a lot of info.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
tman80, for example: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2087080
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replys everyone
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tman80, all the feedback here about UCPA has been positive. My son in law has done two trips to Chamonix, one winter, one summer and he went with my daughter to Flaine. Terrific value. Take the lessons - they are excellent, at all levels, and very cheap.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for that Pam w,it really does seem great value
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Acton outdoors are great, and the UCPA concept is brilliant. I heard the Tignes UCPA isn't that great but I'm sure it will do. There's plenty of food, its warm and you have an excellent ski range to explore. Do the lessons, they're worth the weight in gold even if its just for getting you around and meeting new people.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
These trips look great, coach travel also possible to keep costs lower. Whilst it takes a long time it could be an interesting way to see the alps!

Do people tend to take their own gear or use the rentals which are included in the price?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have stayed in UCPA Tignes, and Val d'Isere.

They will put you in a room with the same nationality (well they have with me twice before!) Rooms are quite small in Tignes and a bit rustic, the showers are not great (take flip flops). You get a locker and bunk beds, I would take a lock if you are paranoid and maybe a four way plug extension if you want to keep your phone charged

Food is very good, bit stodgy and canteen style after a week you might be wanting something lighter, its all you can eat and they have a wide range, including salads etc in fact you will probably put on weight! You get brekkie, lunch (you can ask for a picnic/packed lunch) and dinner, as well as tea and cake at 4pm! I think the food was better in Tignes than Val.

I have only skied with them and the equipment is okay, I was not pro enough to tell how good it was, they renew half the equipment each season I guess if you went at the start it might be a bit more sparkly. They are fine to swap equipement and will give you better stuff if you are deemed good enoigh. If you take your own stuff you really have to keep it in the downstairs room which all people have access too (pin entry, so if you have mega expensive skis/board you might not like that but you cannot keep stuff in the room.

The instruction is very good you can do morning and afternoon if you want, it can be hard work if you are in a group that is slightly more advanced than you as you might end up down lots of slightly tougher slopes. They have such a wide range of groups though and you can move about if you are left behind or too good, they will assess you on the first day.

The centre is about 5 mins walk from the lifts (its in Val Claret) the pubs and high street are about 10 mins walk there are lifts up.

The skiing is very good, I think the pass covers the whole Espace Killy so you can go to Val too. There is a good snowboard park one lift up, two border xross, big jumps, smaller jumps and airbag. In le lac (about 3-4 runs across) there is another border park and bag and a swimming pool. On the edge of Val/Tignes there is another big freestyle park.

Coach down on the snowexpress is a bit of a mission I am not sure if you have to pay extra to take your own kit.

All the people you meet are in the same boat and generally pretty normal, you get to pick up some french too which is quite nice.

Oh they have a few cheesy entertainment nights laid on, but if your a Brit you will probably just get p*ssed, Saloon bar is good if you dont mind the smell (they have the hot barstaff as a plus), theres a nightclub too called the Blue Girl
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
TMan80, I have just signed up for snowboarding from 16 March in Tignes and opted for the coach from London Victoria. Could be a mistake of almost 24 hours on the coach but if it means I can just slide my board bag under it and not worry about it til i get dropped at the hotel i will be very happy! I will be making sure my kit is properly insured!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Soche the only thing putting me of that week was the price,from Belfast the flights are a lot dearer on the 16th,total cost was working out at 885,I was thinking of maybe going to chamonix on the 9th as its working out at 760 all in,thatsflights and transfers also,I would be signing up for the snowboarding also,only just over an hour transfer to resort aswell Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thats a good deal the week earlier, unfortunately I can't do that week due to work commitments. I guess it's also difficult for you to arrange a trip for 2 or more and fly out from different airports.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have been checking all flight options but easyjet is cheapest,tignes looks awesome and it would have been cool to hang out with a fellow snowhead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I seen on another post someone saying about discounts for AO,does anyone know if there is any current discount codes that can be used now to book with action outdoors
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
tman80, I'll be at UCPA in Chamonix from 9th to 16th March
latest report
Feef are you travelling with a group,are you skiing or boarding
snow report
I couldn't find a code, there was a ten pound code but it didn't work
ski holidays
Soche I couldn't see one myself either,feef have you done the ucpa thing before or is this your first time,it would be a first for me
snow conditions
tman80 wrote:
Feef are you travelling with a group,are you skiing or boarding

Skiing : I'm doing the high-mountain off-piste thing with one of their guides. Travelling solo, flying from Heathrow to Geneva.

Don't let that be a decider tho.. it's all about the stories in the bar after Wink

tman80 wrote:
feef have you done the ucpa thing before or is this your first time,it would be a first for me

First time for me too.

Oh.. and you'll be able to catch the end of the BlackWeekend if that's your sort of thing:

http://www.blackweekend.com/
latest report
Action outdoors have some really good deals for the 6th of April in tignes with full time lessons or in flaine with half time lessons,any sugestions to which one would be best ie,snow conditons,I know we can't predict the weather but I have never been to any of the resorts or skied that time in the season,also being a solo traveller would I be best with full time lessons,appreciate any info that you'd can give Very Happy
snow conditions
Normally, Tignes would be better for snow conditions as there is more high altitude skiing. Most of the skiing in the Grand Massif is below 2000m. Could well we fine in Flaine but if you are booking now, tignes a better bet. Full time lessons sound good, too.
latest report
but of course it will cost a bit more to get to tignes than to Flaine, where they run coaches
snow conditions
Thanks for replying Pam,transfers are being charged at 74 pounds to each resort,flaine would be good as its close to Geneva but with the full lessons and being late in the season I was swaying towards tignes....
snow report
Hi I have a discount code if you want it... EL2012

I am also going to tignes UCPA on march 16th! But I'm a skier not a boarder...
snow report
Hey eWinter, how much discount does that code get for 16th of march
ski holidays
Only 10 pounds... But that will buy u you first book of tokens for UCPA bar. They don't use cash there.
ski holidays
eWinter, are you flying from Dublin of Belfast,I would be going from Belfast though the flight are expensive for those dates
latest report
no im flying from cork... there was a sale on when i booked it but i see the flights have gone waaaaaay up
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well tman80, did u get sorted?
snow conditions
eWinter, hey,I never booked tignes but I got a really good hb deal to soldeu on 3rd of march as a few friends decided to go also,hope yous have a great trip
ski holidays
Glad u got sorted! Enjoy!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy