Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Information required on Ski Schools in Flachau

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are going to Flachau this Easter and i want to book ski school for my two children aged 13 and 10 for 3 to 4 days. They are both intermediates, comfortable on red runs (they skied black runs in the USA last year). 13 year old (girl) is the better technically but doesn't really like it too steep, the 10 year old boy is typically point the skis down anything! Any suggestions or recent experience on the best ski school for this level? I think Ski Amjet has a 'ski club' but don't know if it includes some instruction?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
wishiechick, Welcome to snowheads.

I don't know if the Sport amjet ski club includes instruction, but I can recommend the Hermann Maier ski school.

I will be in Flachau with my 17 year old niece at Easter. Where are you staying?

edit: The packages do include instruction: http://www.sportamjet.at/en/ski-school/specials.html

"With the All Inclusive Packages from the Ski & Snowboard school Sport am Jet in Flachau, you can really save money. We have put together different combination offers for you, in which in addition to your ski course or snowboard course, we have included the ski equipment and the ski depot. "

The only "ski club" seems to be aimed at young children - Bobo's ski club

The "Young Guns" camp doesn't include any instructionL

"Are you between the age of 10 and 14 and can already ski? But you actually don't need a ski course anymore, but would like to ski with other people your own age? Then the Young Guns Camp at the Ski school Sport am Jet in Flachau is exactly right for you!

This completely new concept offers kids and teenangers a completely new ski programme.Fun and action is what it is all about. Of course safety is always at the forefront - A constant supervision from the ski instructor is guaranteed"
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks holidayloverxx, we are staying in Eben at Hotel Werdenberg. The 'Young guns' camp was the one I was thinking of, but if it doesn't include instruction it's very expensive at the same price as instruction! My 2 could definitely use more instruction as they simply haven't enough experience yet, although they ski reasonably.
There are various threads about Hermann Maier ski school not being so good at peak times, but I'm not sure whether Easter is peak in Flachau - some resorts are 'relatively' quiet as it's late in the season.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
wishiechick, Aha! I know the hotel and I'll probably be popping over at some point during the week. The owner (Neil) is a snowboard instructor at (I think) Radstadt - maybe you could ask the hotel for a recommendation?.

Easter last year was not that busy, I wouldn't say it is was a peak week. Are you going on Easter weekend? (I am)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
wishiechick,
Werdenberg have strong links with Radstadt Ski School, I'm not sure if they still offer lessons through Radstadt but based in Flachau or not.... may be worth giving the hotel an email. Easter isn't too peaky... plus I think HM school have bucked up a bit too...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
wishiechick, Have no worries about the Hermann Maier ski school - a couple of duff whingers can occur any where to be honest. One of whom was dim enough to think they may even be taught by the man himself, not realising that the Hermann Maier in question is actually the Herminator's Dad! The school is now run by Alex Maier (the Herminator's younger brother , a former professional snowboard racer (when it was not so cool to be on the snowboard circuit!!). I think Alex made World Champ as well, but I'm not certain. Here is a link to their web page aimed at teenagers: http://www.skischule-hermann-maier.at/de/jugendliche.html There is a translation error there in the prices. The first price is the cost without equipment (i.e. you have/hire your own) and the second price is the instruction AND equipment. Just select your language by clicking on the box top right. Sadly they are using Google Translate, hence the inaccurate translation of the prepositions. (I'm a professional translator and hate Google Translate with a vengence - cheap and nasty) wink

I'm staying with Neil and Charlie next week so I can ask for you if you like. The minibuses go to Flachau every day any way which will allow you to use one of the ski schools there. If enough people want to go elsewhere then they organise runs to other places as well - Flachau-Winkel being an obvious one as it is straight on to the autobahn and the next exit after Flachau itself. Buses also run from Eben to most of the skiing areas but the most regular ones are to Flachau and are included in your ski pass.

As flangesax says, Easter is not really peak season so you should not have too many worries, especially as Easter is so early this year! Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Samerberg Sue, I did ask Jemma, the UK (I think) booking lady and she recommended Sport AMJet, but it looks a bit to 'young' for my two, if you know what I mean? Please do ask Neil and Charlie if they can recommend. Have a great week's skiing!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
holidayloverxx, Thanks, yes we are going out on Good Friday for 10 days so may see you there. The hotel is actually owned by Charlies's parents I believe, and her Dad is my accountant which is how we found out about it!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
wishiechick, Yes indeed, I was just keeping it simple. Small world, eh?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy