Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

poor judgment

Poster: A snowHead
Sorry.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 27-01-13 15:34; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Simon, well done, but even from the above post, you still come across in my opinion badly.
The fact you have to tell us how great and important you are is what has most likely got up most Snowheads noses. And in my humble opinion smacks a bit of insecurity.

There are a lot of Snowheads on here, who are experts in their own field, but you rarely get them larging it up.

A humble man in my view is a lot better person than an arrogant one.

I am sure you are great and succesful, but i still would not want to be stuck in a kitchen at a party with you.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fair comment.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
simon2791 wrote:
I shall not be checking in again till next week as I am just off to Google HQ in london to participate in a 54 hour event where I provide mentoring to young entrepreneurs on building successful business models and how to pitch for venture capital investment. I shall be emphasising the importance of that age old adage, "the customer is always right".

Are you presenting the "how not to do it" segment?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
simon2791,

Oh, and welcome to Snowheads snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

the customer is always right

no, they are not.

One personal example. We own a Dental Practice. We were running a promotional offer for New Patient Consultations for £20. Some guy came along with his girlfriend. He had a half hour consult, paid his £20 and booked a second appointment. He never turned up for the second appointment. He phoned up, apologised for missing the appointment (which we didnt charge for) and asked to make another. We are reasonable folk, we realise that humans make mistakes so we booked him another appointment. He didnt turn up again. We didnt hear from him after that. About 6 months later his girlfriend phones up wanting a refund on the £20 as he was not going ahead with the treatment. i explained to the gf that the £20 was the charge for the initial consultation, which he had had so we would not be making a refund. Girl goes mental on the phone - I tried reasoning with her, she's still going mental (mostly because I wouldnt give her the £20 back and wouldnt discuss her bf appointments with her as we are actually not allowed to - first and only time Ive done this..I hang up on her. She calls back wants details of our regulators etc. Never heard another thing from her.

Some people behave like spoilt 3 year olds rather than rational adults - and in the day and age where people say "the customer is always right" they think they can behave however they want. Customers like that will not be tolerated at my Dental Practice - thankfully they are few and far between.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
simon2791, I hope when you're advising the young entrepreneurs you'll emphasis making a good first impression and the skills and techniques for making the audience of a pitch or whatever sympathetic to your point of view. Both this thread and the last one really highlight how that can go horribly wrong when not paying attention.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
Quote:

the customer is always right

no, they are not.

And you are right. It really is an outdated adage, going back to the class system, counter service and flunkies with white gloves. It's just far too simple to hang everything on the customer always being right and I'm surprised Google, of all people, would promote it. Increasingly, the customer doesn't know what they want and are happy to let their trusted brands lead them.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
the customer is always right, except when they are wrong.

I must say I do worry for our future entrepreneurs being mentored by someone with such arrogance, whom after all the comments on the previous thread still doesn t get it.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
simon2791, Thanks for putting us all straight.

Good luck with everything, don't rush back.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm sitting here slowly shaking my head in disbelief that lawyers would be engaged to sort out a spat about a 300 Euro taxi. Sounds like Chamexpress will have a small legal bill and have probably paid the taxi bill plus a bit. I do hope that the deal didn't involve deletion of the content on this forum and I hope Admin uses his box of magic to stop it being deleted.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Timbobaggins et al,

Not pretty: Sanctimonious Snowheads lynch mob gathering to oust the guy from what was set up as an open "warts and all" forum in response to MO day elsewhere Embarassed

The guy came back to make a heartfelt (for an Australian) apology, which he did not have to make, time to call off the dogs eh?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
simon2791 wrote:
All evidence of this exchange is likely to be removed for the benefit of all parties involved thanks to the kind intervention of Chamexpress lawyers.

I don't think that's in your hands Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hang on, hang on, we still get the discount right!

PS did anyone else spot that 2791 was a Cuban Prime.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jbob, no, definitely his PIN number
ski holidays
jbob, Actually, now you mention it, it was glaringly obvious:

Quote:

The cuban primes, named after differences between successive cubic numbers, have the form . The first few are 7, 19, 37, 61, 127, 271, ... (Sloane's A002407), which are also the prime hex numbers. They correspond to indices , 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 18, 24, 25, ... (Sloane's A002504; Cunningham 1912).

The numbers of cuban primes less than 1, 10, , ... are 0, 1, 4, 11, 28, 64, 173, 438, 1200, ... (Sloane's A113478)

Cuban primes are cyclotomic in nature, being the evaluation of the third homogeneous cyclotomic polynomial, , at values and . The form therefore can only have primitive factors of the form . Also, by construction, 2 and 3 are excluded as non-primitive factors. Therefore, this form has a slightly higher density than would arbitrary numbers of the same size (P. Carmody, pers. comm., Jan. 8, 2006).
snow report
simon2791, kudos for the update and for staying around, your summary of snow heads is spot on.

But move on from this and stick around its it is the best place to get info and advice on practically anything. This place and the people here have got me through some really dark times.

If you haven't found it yet, pop over for a beer in the bar in Après
snow conditions
simon2791, good on you for coming back and posting an update, ignore the witch hunters and stick around, the majority ain't so bad........
ski holidays
On the rocks wrote:

The guy came back to make a heartfelt (for an Australian) apology, which he did not have to make, time to call off the dogs eh?

Where is the apology? I can't see it
snow report
simon2791, you come onto a forum without introduction, trying to ruin a company and many others livelihoods by posting a secretly filmed video and ranting on, you call the entire community that you wrongly thought would be on your side....names! Then wonder why you put people's backs up?

Good to hear a happy ending, but doesn't really change much... Confused
snow report
Thornyhill wrote:
Where is the apology? I can't see it
me neither but then we're just uneducated plebs. I know my place.
ski holidays
simon2791, watch the door doesn't hit your back bottom on the way out, goodnight.
snow report
Boris wrote:
simon2791, kudos for the update and for staying around, your summary of snow heads is spot on.

But move on from this and stick around its it is the best place to get info and advice on practically anything. This place and the people here have got me through some really dark times.

What's up, getting short of customers now a triple dip is on the cards
snow conditions
Quote:

I am arrogant and act irrationally when I am mad, but I understand this and don't pretend otherwise.

Anger has nothing on which to stand; it springs from nothing that is stable and lasting, but is a puffed-up, empty thing, as far removed from greatness of soul as foolhardiness is from bravery, arrogance from confidence, sullenness from austerity, or cruelty from sternness... On the other hand, it seems to me to show a feeble and harassed spirit, one conscious of its own weakness and oversensitive, just as the body is when it is sick and covered with sores and makes moan at the slightest touch. Thus anger is a most womanish and childish weakness...

if the wise man is to be angered by base deeds, if he is to be perturbed and saddened by crimes, surely nothing is more woeful than the wise man's lot; his whole life will be passed in anger and in grief. For what moment will there be when he will not see something to disapprove of?
ski holidays
Seneca 2 wrote:
Quote:

I am arrogant and act irrationally when I am mad, but I understand this and don't pretend otherwise.

Anger has nothing on which to stand; it springs from nothing that is stable and lasting, but is a puffed-up, empty thing, as far removed from greatness of soul as foolhardiness is from bravery, arrogance from confidence, sullenness from austerity, or cruelty from sternness... On the other hand, it seems to me to show a feeble and harassed spirit, one conscious of its own weakness and oversensitive, just as the body is when it is sick and covered with sores and makes moan at the slightest touch. Thus anger is a most womanish and childish weakness...

if the wise man is to be angered by base deeds, if he is to be perturbed and saddened by crimes, surely nothing is more woeful than the wise man's lot; his whole life will be passed in anger and in grief. For what moment will there be when he will not see something to disapprove of?

deep man, deep, far out dudes.....
snow report
Something's off here, apart from simon2791 having all the charm of a genital wart there was no mention of ChamX processing a card . . . not sure about this thread until confirmed by the other end so I'll hold off on the kudos.
ski holidays
Seneca 2 wrote:
On the other hand, it seems to me to show a feeble and harassed spirit, one conscious of its own weakness and oversensitive, just as the body is when it is sick and covered with sores and makes moan at the slightest touch. Thus anger is a most womanish and childish weakness...

Frikkin' sexist!
ski holidays
Quote:

childish

ageist!!!! Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ricfrench wrote:
Boris wrote:

What's up, getting short of customers now a triple dip is on the cards

Jo I genuinely think it takes guts to stick around here after being laid into by the regulars
latest report
Quote:

guts

nope, he constantly tells us he's arrogant.
snow report
is the illegal vid still online?
cba to check
ski holidays
OK so let me just get this right in my head, sorry but i don't really have the time to read all the original thread but i got the basics down.
I am ignoring all the arguing here deliberately.

Cham said they didn't take a booking?
Simon finds a charge on his credit card proving a booking was taken?

Is this right?
snow conditions
simon2791, did you run this past Google's lawyers? I imagine they might have something to say about this brand association Shock
snow report
Corduroy, that sounds about right.
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
Corduroy, that sounds about right.

If so then i must say i have a certain amount of sympathy for him.

Granted he may not have gone about this the right way and on occasion showed himself in an unfavourable light but don't we all do that sometimes in our lives?
Who's perfect?

Feel kinda sorry for the guy really.
snow conditions
We need more information before rushing to any kind of judgement. Possibly the card charge was for the original trip from Geneva?

Whatever the facts, this was a pretty trivial issue to go ballistic about. There's nothing to be proud of in admitting to being irrational and arrogant when angry - we've all done it, but we probably felt ashamed rather than wanting to vaunt the fact. Seneca 2 might be sexist (but then he's a couple of thousand years old) but anyone who has lived with a 2 year old knows about anger!! The OP was doing the equivalent of lying on the supermarket floor banging his head and drumming his heels. Hardly adult behaviour even if he had some reason to be annoyed.
latest report
I have no sympathy at all.

I still think there's some grade A bull5h1t in both threads, and an arrogant OP that's got rather too much ego, prepared to use illegal tactics in an attempt to get some money and a further ego boost.

The original story still does not add* up to me.
(*) edit: and yep maths was my best subject at school/uni too Wink

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 25-01-13 22:15; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
Corduroy wrote:

Feel kinda sorry for the guy really.

If he had made the first phone call and asked to get transferred to the second bus, he would have been transferred and not needed to look like a plonker on the internet.
ski holidays
andy, adds up even less (so to speak) with this credit card charge. I am thoroughly confused. However, the OP is incontrovertibly a bit of a prat.
ski holidays
Quote:

Granted he may not have gone about this the right way and on occasion showed himself in an unfavourable light but don't we all do that sometimes in our lives?
Who's perfect?

yup, in the heat of the moment we might all act like idiots. I do however suspect he's brought the whole situation onto himself though. Why would Chamexpress want to lose a booking and lose the income? I suspect this guy is such a tricky customer that his custom was just not worthwhile. Chamexpress have come across badly in this whole situation and they need to tighten up their act but I still dont have one ounce of sympathy for the OP - that has more to do with his personability than anything
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy