Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe D'Huez

Poster: A snowHead
... is where I am going skiing for half term. I am excited. That is all.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
MJS wrote:

... is where I am going skiing for half term. I am excited. That is all.

Time to change the sig? Unless you're going the long way round wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So am I but I suspect ours is a week before yours (from 9th) Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Me too!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm going on the 2nd - unbelievably excited Very Happy

Have been on the webcams a lot recently and conditions look amazing at the moment - hope they stay that way for us all!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm there 2nd also, and I too have been checking the webcams, plus the snow reports and forecasts.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's all fantastic .... and will still be by the time you get here
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ADH is awesome, you'll have a ball.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ADH was the first place I went with my best mate. We had both skied before but had never managed to get a trip together.
He ruptured his appendix on the first day and spent the rest of the week in hospital.

Don't let that put you off though, have a great time. Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Peterjones3, maybe see you there then! Where are you staying? We are going with Crystal, staying in Chalet Telemark, which I think is in the old town near the bucket lift.

Good to hear all the positive comments on the resort. It's my first skiing trip, so everything's a bit of a mystery at the moment! Really looking forward to skiing there after all the snowdome/dry slope practice...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm going tomorrow Smile

2nd visit to the area and looking forward to it.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chasseur, Sig is maore a long term statement of my amibitions to live there one day!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
catclaires, not far away actually, theres a few of us staying in two hotels just up the Route de La Poste in Hotel Petit Prince and Hotel Les Cimes. Crystal also flying in from Manchester and Leeds.

Plenty of nice slopes for you to find your ski legs before you go and get adventurous!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
MJS wrote:
Chasseur, Sig is maore a long term statement of my ambitions to live there one day!

Can't argue with that - having been there a "few" times Cool snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Good to hear all the positive comments on the resort. It's my first skiing trip, so everything's a bit of a mystery at the moment!

Great choice for beginners with a lovely gentle bowl around the village. I really liked ADH, would defo go back. Nice town, nice pistes, decent lift systme, hardly any flat or uphill bits.
snow conditions
4 days and getting giddy. Snow forecast for the weekend, so fingers crossed.........the days are starting to drag!
snow report
Peterjones3, yes they really are - am giddy too and finding it almost impossible to concentrate on work, which is unfortunate as I have loads to get through this week! I always get excited before holidays, but skiing seems to be taking it to a new level - feel like a child at Christmas - do others find this too?! Am going to squeeze in an hour of last-minute practice at Chill Factore tomorrow morning before work, as they open early on Weds - should brighten up the day a bit...

Glad that more snow is forecast!!
snow conditions
If you go for last min practise

be very careful!

/

I spent last season in Alpe D'Huez - really nice place. IIRC you may get 1 day free on a weeks pass at certain other resorts such as Les Deux Alpes. A bus often runs from the sports centre straight to L2A for pretty cheap if you want to explore further.
snow report
I'm there from the 9th feb too....... Lets hope it's not too busy. What do people think.

Been there a few time before and loved it weather always been excellent snowy and cold.

Looking forward to doing the tunnel again... But not for the faint hearted.

Does anyone know where you can watch the rugby internationals over the weekend in resort?
snow report
One day to go!! Can hardly bear the excitement. Lots of snow is forecast for tonight...

It doesn't look too busy at the moment from the webcams - I guess it's hard to tell, though. Will report back afterwards - and we apparently have WiFi in our accommodation so I'll try to provide some updates while I'm there! My OH will be trying out more advanced slopes than me, so I can get his opinions on these.

Peterjones3, enjoy your trip snowHead
latest report
heading over for a long weekend on Wednesday. looks like we might have some very nice conditions Cool
latest report
Arno wrote:
heading over for a long weekend on Wednesday. looks like we might have some very nice conditions Cool

I like your definition of a long weekend Very Happy

Will be there 9th. to 16th myself, forecast looks like a "comfortable -10ish" is forecast after the snow, compared with last february's epic -30's adventure.
snow report
catclaires, one sleep indeed!

Really chuffed to read the snow forecast, and as its been a 'dry' January looking forward to some strong lager at high altitude!
snow report
skitow, I am leaving on Wednesday afternoon Wink
-10, decent vis and fresh snow would do me very nicely... obviously
snow report
skitow, Arno, Grrrrr.........not back out there until 16th with the half-term hoardes, enjoy!
ski holidays
Nick D, You obviously live in the "wrong" part of the UK, from a half term skiing perspective anyway Smile
snow conditions
skitow, Actually I need that extra week to have the pantomime horse outfit laundered Very Happy
latest report
Nick D, Fortunately junior is only 6 so had no qualm about taking him out of school for a week and saving me a small fortune! Call the parental Police.....
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Peterjones3 wrote:
Nick D, Fortunately junior is only 6 so had no qualm about taking him out of school for a week and saving me a small fortune! Call the parental Police.....

No need for that, move to Wales Very Happy

You will fit in fine, if that's your real name anyway Toofy Grin
snow report
skitow,

fi cariad defaid i wneud!

I am now officially demob happy and watching the work clock.
snow conditions
Peterjones3 wrote:
skitow,

fi cariad defaid i wneud!

Well you might be disapointed in Alpe d'Huez then, they look a bit rough to me. Toofy Grin Not that I am an expert.
snow conditions
Not interested I'm in love with Baaaarbara
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy