Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lesson availability

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Taking my son (age 9) for his first trip in early March - do I need to book lessons now or will I be OK to book when I get there?

We're only going for 4 days and can't seem to get group lessons for that length of time but I'm having a hard time making sense of the ski school websites, so I can't work out how to get a 2 hour private lesson first thing in the morning (can't seem to do that with ESF, for example, their private lessons start at 12). So I'm hoping to sort it out on my first morning there (I could try calling but my French is dodgy at best and I foresee even greater confusion to result... Happy )

Is that sensible? Is there likely to be free instructors, march 8th - 10th (weekend), Les Deux Alpes?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nelmo, You could try www.easiski.com to see if she's free then. Excellent English instructor there.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Already tried - she has a few slots but not at great times...thanks for the suggestion, however...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

I can't work out how to get a 2 hour private lesson first thing in the morning (can't seem to do that with ESF, for example, their private lessons start at 12).

That's quite common, because they are doing groups in the morning. It's a super busy time (Paris school hols) so I'd definitely book something now, not wait till you get there.

A lesson with easiski at an inconvenient time would be a much better bet than A N Other instructor at a better time - I'd grab those slots now, if I were you. She's a terrific instructor.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Some lessons beforehand in a UK fridge would be a great start for him, if lessons when you're there are going to be a bit difficult
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
nelmo, You could try European Ski School, they have some English and lots of Italian, English speaking, instructors.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pam - he is having lessons here (well, he's had one so far!)...

Claude - ESS lessons start at 1pm - really wanted them in the morning...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nelmo, private ski lessons in the mornings, in peak holiday weeks, are impossible with either of the ski schools in my village and even at Easter, which is low season here, not that easy. I have just booked over €700 worth, for a big party at Easter, and my group of 4 kids is having lessons from 1300 - 1500 (5 x 2 hour private lessons with a hand-picked instructor, cost €95 per child - bargain!). That's not a bad time though, because if it's very much spring conditions the first couple of hours of the morning can be a bit icy, and for the kids, slightly slushy conditions will be infinitely preferable.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
he might be able to join a group - just email instead of looking online? We've joined group lessons for all sorts of wacky dates in the past. I wouldn't put a kid in private lessons if avoidable - he'll miss out on the fun of making new friends! If you have to though it will need to be afternoon privates, mornings are like golddust and anyone free is usually free for a (bad) reason ime.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
yes, if he's had a few lessons in the UK he could probably join in with the beginner group part way through the week - good idea
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy