Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A few photos from the Sport Achat Ski Test Tour, Meribel (2014 kit)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Some shots from the trade ski test tour over in Meribel. Sorry there aren't more/better shots, it's not that easy!

Registration (and emergency coffee canteens out of shot to the right!)

Once past the gate, it's into the toy store!

Glorious conditions for testing

Some new toys from Rossignol

K2's new ski boot range

Black Crows (later in the afternoon when they must have been bored re-arranging their skis!)

APO's leopard(?) skis

Small part of K2's ladies piste and all mountain range

Kastle geant/slalom (fast) skis going on to piste

Kastle piste and all mountain

Kastle freestyle and touring
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
albinomountainbadger, the colour plodges on the tip and tails of the Kastle skis are they the lightweight inserts to reduce turn inertia? I've just had a play on their sit looking for a piste ski and they do run loooong telling me I need nothing shorter than my own height.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I know there are only a few photos there but from what i can see there are not many 'narrow' undefoot ski's there. from only a few years ago just under 80mm was an all mountain ski - it now seems that all mountain are well into the 80's. i was using movement jam's last week at 85mm and had a fantastic time on them on piste and off. OH was on 95mm and she loved them....technology is changing just hope i my ability can keep up with the changes before i get to old.. Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Masque, they coloured "plodges " are exactly that , a device to lighten the tip and tail of the ski to help reduce the swing weight of the ski.

kastle have a great range of skis now Cool Cool Cool
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks like your question has been answered in my absence, Masque.

I will say I miss the old FX series with both tip and tail in lightweight plastic. I previously found it better than the white MX range, but now my opinion has reversed.

Another oddity this year was they've taken to mounting the demo pairs of Colby James West series further back, when as a perfectly symmetrical freeystyle ski it should be central (as previously). Obviously any buyer can change this when having them drilled, but it was noticeable.

Plenty of non-fat skis there too, didn't get pictures of Atomic, Fischer, Elan for example.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy