Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hello, first time in 7 years.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, I've posted on a few threads but realised I've not introduced myself. Hello Smile

In 2 weeks I'm off on my 4th trip in 20 years (my word that makes me feel old). Did a week in Austria to start with, followed by a week in France 10 years later and a weekend in Andorra 7 years ago. This will be a 4 night break in Morzine and I can't wait.
As the trip gets closer I am getting ever more excited and scared at the same time. I had hoped to get along to Hemel for a session or 2 but that never happened so I've done the sensible thing and booked a lesson at Brentwood dry slope for the morning. Here's hoping I can still stand at the end of it.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nunfa1, Well you're getting more regular - 10, 7........... Have fun Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The long gaps between trips were certainly not through choice, I'd go every year if I could.
My wife came along to the second trip but didn't like it, unfortunately. Since then we've had 2 kids and the youngest is very jealous of my upcoming trip and is desperate to try skiing so I might have a bit more leverage next year.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nunfa1,

It worked for me, but it gets bloody expensive Shocked
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
musher wrote:
Nunfa1,

It worked for me, but it gets bloody expensive Shocked

And there's the rub Sad And because the wife doesn't enjoy skiing I won't get away with cutting back on summer holidays to fund winter ones.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nunfa1, Can't she fund the summer one (why ones) and you take the kids off her hands for a ski trip every winter. It's a win win.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well that went surprisingly well. A 1 hour lesson at Brentwood dry slope, which still had a little bit of ice and snow on it. The distant memories of ski instructors yelling "lean forward" at me came flooding back. Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's a leap of faith leaning forward on a slope when every bit of your being tells you "don't throw yourself down the mountain like that, it's gonna hurt!!" isn't it - glad it went well and hope you have a fab time.

Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I don't like to sound critical or personal, but what kind of insanity drove you to marry a non-skier?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jonny Jones wrote:
I don't like to sound critical or personal, but what kind of insanity drove you to marry a non-skier?

In my defence, I'd only been the once before I met her and She did come along on the second trip to try it, just didn't like it. Sad
And she hasn't baulked at me going on two trips without her, albeit those trips are 7 years apart. Just don't ask what else it's costing me. Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy