Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

a big mistake - sorry

Poster: A snowHead
andy wrote:
Stick some of the text from the OP in to google later, and it'll probably show all the other forums he registered on specifically to make this "complaint".

Well, so far, Mr Walsh has been busy on trip advisor, with posts on six separate threads in the forums ( i wonder when it becomes harrassment?), and also on Twitter.. I guess I've got myself a stalker as well.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
One of the joys of being a boss is being able to tell folks you think are unreasonable to bog off. Not saying it is the case here wink the traveller seems to have been far more slapdash with his transfer arrangements than I would have have been. Always have a confirmation, be it text or e-mail. If you don't have either then BLOODY WELL GET ONE.

Chamexpress have lost nothing here IMHO. As for privacy - Well, the punter started it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chamexpress wrote:
andy wrote:
Stick some of the text from the OP in to google later, and it'll probably show all the other forums he registered on specifically to make this "complaint".

Well, so far, Mr Walsh has been busy on trip advisor, with posts on six separate threads in the forums ( i wonder when it becomes harrassment?), and also on Twitter.. I guess I've got myself a stalker as well.

Well if they are going as well as this, I reckon he's doing you a great service!
Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gatecrasher, ^ +1 Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We haven't had such a fun thread for ages!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This is much better.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stupid punter x not very helpful manager = crappy video where both look bad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
geeo wrote:
stupid punter x not very helpful manager = crappy video where both look bad

Darran stayed quite cool, considering the bloke walked in, in the middle of the busiest period of a Sunday morning (circa 7.30 am). Given that he didn't have a reservation at all - And knew it really! Just as well I wasn't there Razz It's a tough job being a Controller responsible for ensuring 700 passengers are collected in one day.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hilarious! Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ex- teacher - Say no more.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So does the OP want to counter chamexpress' response....

no i think not......... Hey guys i havent given you any money but can you be outside my hotel at either 7.30 or 6.30 tomorrow.... sure it will work out!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The punter here is clearly not going about things the right way, but I can at least appreciate why he thought he had a booking. When I book a local taxi to the airport in the UK I don't have to provide a credit card number and I don't get any kind of confirmation (I think I have to provide a name and phone number, but I'm not even sure about that). Chamexpress are clearly a more professional outfit than my local taxi firm, but said punter doesn't necessarily know that if he hasn't been planning his transfer in advance and looking at their website. Having a long discussion with someone about where and when you're getting picked up could be interpreted (wrongly, in this case) as having made a booking.

If Chamepxress explained their booking process at the start of the call (i.e. you'll eventually be asked for a credit card, and if you don't get a confirmation then call back) then Mr Walsh doesn't have a leg to stand on, but if they didn't then it seems like something they should start doing.

Also, Sideshow_Bob +1 Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi ChrisWo,

Yes, we do that.. hence he was told he'd need to get his Visa or Mastercard card handy. etc. And as we said in our letter to him, if you got a booking reference, ticket, and had made payment when purchasing through the Gare Routiere at the airport on the way in, then it is reasonable to assume that you'll need the same for the way back. This guy, hadn't even given us his name! We only found out when the complaint was made. We shift 65,000 passengers, so there will always be one.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm wondering about what point, in the booking conversations according to either of these chaps, the OP told Chamexpress (twice) that he didn't trust them?
snow conditions
Can you book and pay for a return at the airport/station?
snow report
pam w, I think that was after Andys guys failed to turn up to the non existent pick up......

Andy, I think you're in a no win with this guy....... client turns up at GVA without any onward transfer booked so, possibly quite reasonably, assumes that you're just like a mini cab company in the UK, make a call, agree a pick up point and pay when you're dropped off... I apprecuiate you explain the process at the start of call but my take from the video is that he doesn't seem particularly good at "listening" therefore will have "heard" the waffle/pre amble to making his booking but not taken any notice of it.
snow conditions
Chamexpress, I see where you're coming from, but does that really mean that you need a ticket for the return journey (as you seem to imply)...if he'd provided you with his credit card and name/phone number then would one of your drivers have delivered him a ticket later? If so then great (if slightly bonkers), but I somehow doubt it.

I'm not really defending him, but I am saying that I can see how Mr Walsh might come to the conclusion that he'd made a booking. I wouldn't have done in the same situation, but I can see that some might. Telling someone that they'll need a credit card handy is good, and it does add further weight to your 'side' of the story, but I'd still be tempted to tell punters up-front that they need a booking reference confirmed by email or phone or their booking isn't valid - leaving it for them to take the implication is fine, but will occasionally lead to incidents like this. But then I know nothing about running a transfer company, so happy to leave it to you!
ski holidays
I have used Chamexpress many times over a number of years and found them totally reliable.
latest report
marcellus, Turning up at airports with nothing in hand is one of my little habits, but I've always done my research and know what and where my options are . . . and always know or pay for the return . . . the punter's a prick . . . and probably now in a bot of bither.
snow report
@ Masque... yep, you can book a return round-trip at the Gare Routiere/Info Desk in Geneva Airport. They always ask you if you want one, because they take a commission on the sale.
@ Marcellus.. Yeah, your probably right...

@ everyone.. better dash now.. have the other 64,499 passengers to look after!

Cheers. All, and your support is much appreciated. I think the moral is, if you're going to use social media to make a complaint, then the complaint needs to be the truth!

If anyone wants to comment on his forum threads on trip advisor, it would be most helpful. Perhaps putting a link to this thread here?

ta

andrew

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 23-01-13 18:12; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Masque wrote:
. . . and probably now in a bot of bither.
Nah, people always talk about lawyers etc until they actually talk to their lawyer who tells them not to bother.

I have never used Chamexpress but I am more likely to now after this free publicity. So, where's the damage?
snow conditions
If I were him, I'd have sorted both tranfers before I even left for the holiday, especially when travelling alone! rolling eyes

I never leave stuff like that to chance, its his own fault for being disorganised.
ski holidays
Chamexpress wrote:

Cheers. All, and your support is much appreciated.

WHOA Andrew.... don't get too carried away we're not a fan club!! Shocked

(I think you've had a fair amount if stick from various users here too over the years!!!)
latest report
Chamexpress, if that was you, you kept your cool very well there.
latest report
The OP seems to think that he has the right to be served by a company.

I used to run a company that serviced cars, amongst other things. One day I had a blazing row with a customer because we couldn't find a fault with his windscreen wipers. He said he had brought the car in that day as it was raining and the problem only happened at over 90mph!! He expected us to test drive his car at 90mph+ in the rain to identify the fault!! he then said that he hoped we would do better next time. I knew we were offering a very good value service and had great pleasure in telling him there would not be a 'next time' as we would not accept his future business.

He then got his wife to bring the car in. She apologised for him and asked us if we would still look after their car. We did.

People do not have a right to a service and do not have a right to speak to company owners in such condescending tones. People do have a right to expect a service that they have paid for but it seems that this chap had not paid for a service and his complaint arose because he was denied the opportunity to buy the service, at a time of his choosing. It doesn't work like that. If I was the OP I would be seriously concerned that no transfer company is going to touch his business, after what he has done here.
snow report
Quote:

that was certainly the impression I got; sounded like he expects the World to revolve around him.
ski holidays
Masque wrote:
marcellus, Turning up at airports with nothing in hand is one of my little habits, but I've always done my research and know what and where my options are . . . and always know or pay for the return . . . the punter's a prick . . . and probably now in a bot of bither.

Yes mine too.. but there again if I'm going through GVA I know quite a few of the owners of the Transfer companies so see who's got someone going my way...... all I'm thinking was if this "punter" thinks it's just like a minicab service that gets him home from the pub in the evening then you could understand his perspective of thinking he'd got a booking.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cham Express. Midnight Express. These are great movies
latest report
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
Quote:

that was certainly the impression I got; sounded like he expects the World to revolve around him.

Of course mathematically he's right................ or perhaps that's why he's an ex-maths teacher.. Embarassed
latest report
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
Cham Express. Midnight Express. These are great movies

That reminds me... when's the docu/reality TV series on TV?
snow report
simon2791, Hi and welcome to snowheads Smile Great end of day read and by all accounts an excellent demonstration of how to completely balls up a simple transfer booking. I bet you are one of those people who gets into a complete mess over anything involving a telephone, credit card and common sense. This kind of thing generally happens to those who bring it upon themselves by being disorganised and presuming everyone is hanging on their every instruction - however badly presented. At the end of the day YOU should have called back to confirm your booking 100% on such an important journey. Not doing so was a bad move IMHO.
snow conditions
Brilliant thread, and an epic fail on the OP's behalf. Please can we keep the calibre of new thread in line with this one! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Why would you secretly film a simple argument about a transfer? I mean, why? OK, you might secretly film someone involved in criminal activity but some bloke in an office with whom you'd just like to make a few pointy points? Disproportionate... that's the word I'm looking for.
latest report
Bode Swiller wrote:
Why would you secretly film a simple argument about a transfer? I mean, why? OK, you might secretly film someone involved in criminal activity but some bloke in an office with whom you'd just like to make a few pointy points? Disproportionate... that's the word I'm looking for.

agreed and extremely unfair on the employee. The OP must have aspirations of being on Dispatches Laughing
snow report
His "review" on Trip Advisor has now been deleted by Trip Advisor and I suspect that as soon as the youtube review it the video will go the same way........
ski holidays
I've just thought, he thought he was having a really bad day when he had to fork out €300 for the taxi to Geneva, but then with all the chaos in the airport over the weekend, this guy would have been fuming Laughing
latest report
Quote:

Disproportionate... that's the word I'm looking for

yes it is, but more fundamentally just phenomenally poor judgement throughout. Starting from not booking the return transfer when he got the ticket out from Geneva (why?)
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
Bode Swiller wrote:

agreed and extremely unfair on the employee. The OP must have aspirations of being on Dispatches Laughing

See, if you'd popped into the office Shimmy, he'd have dropped everything (ooh matron) and whisked you off to the airport.
snow report
Why would anyone go to such lengths to widely publicise what a tw@t they are. I'm sure that anyone who knows him is fully aware anyway.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy