Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

a big mistake - sorry

Poster: A snowHead
bumping again - to try and avoid confusion
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Happy

Turns out (as part of my rather belated research!) that I know someone who works for/with Mr Walsh. I shall ask around! Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Shimmy, is your commission on a "per page" basis?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
gatecrasher, I just do it for the love
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Awww! Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Simon has realised the power of social media and plebs Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
GOLD!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gold but something has gone on. Simon doing a decent damage limitation exercise by the looks of it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman, I think it'll need more than that to repair the damage he's done to himself outside these walls . . . a size 10 foot in a size 8 gob is not going away quickly.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
On past form, I predict Comedy Goldsmith will still be resurecting and picking over this thread in 10 years time, complete with supporting but pointless statistical analysis. And whatever Simon2791 says or does in the meantime to repent will never be enough to pacify the snowHead self appointed lynch mob
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
On the rocks, ooooh saucer of milk for you Toofy Grin .
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
On the rocks wrote:
On past form, I predict Comedy Goldsmith will still be resurecting and picking over this thread in 10 years time, complete with supporting but pointless statistical analysis. And whatever Simon2791 says or does in the meantime to repent will never be enough to pacify the snowHead self appointed lynch mob

Harsh, but fair. Toofy Grin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Indeed.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
On the rocks,

I dunno, if Simon sticks around on Snowheads , he will probably have quite a lot of useful imput. Also if any of us get stuck with a maths problem, he will be the man.

My personal view for what its worth is he should stick around and join in the banter,
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Timbobaggins wrote:
On the rocks,

I dunno, if Simon sticks around on Snowheads , he will probably have quite a lot of useful imput. Also if any of us get stuck with a maths problem, he will be the man.

My personal view for what its worth is he should stick around and join in the banter,

I'll just ask Mrs Ansta1, she is a maths teacher and is slightly less antagonistic.
snow conditions
Timbobaggins wrote:
On the rocks,

if any of us get stuck with a maths problem, he will be the man.

If we need help working out the Chamexpress price after 10% discount, we know who we can ask Toofy Grin
snow report
If he would just stop faffing around and re-inventing his previous posts and produce a straightforward account of what happened, he'd earn a bit more respect. There's a little way to go, I think.
snow report
I'm with you on that pam w, the penitent man act doesn't quite do it for me. The fact he's gone back and deleted all his posts seems to me he's been told to do so. If he wanted to apologise he could just have done so. Of course, the fact his posts have been quoted by so many others means its actually pretty pointless to have deleted them.
snow report
only the penitent man will pass....only the penitent man will pass....only the penitent man will pass....only the penitent man will pass....
snow report
flangesax, Laughing Laughing would he pass? wink
snow conditions
pam w, Agreed, there's way too much erasure to be just penitence. There is much going on under this surface ripple . . . especially after the claim that money was taken . . . does not compute.

I think this saga has a way to run yet, whether we'll see any of it is anyone's guess.
ski holidays
flangesax wrote:
GOLD!

+2 (from me and Moriarty).
snow report
flangesax wrote:
only the penitent man will pass....only the penitent man will pass....only the penitent man will pass....only the penitent man will pass....

On re-reading, I groddly apologise for the misquote....

only the penitent man will pass....only the penitent man will pass....only the penitent man... penitent... pentitent...

that's better....
ski holidays
Good to see the OP has won an out of court settlement.
latest report
whatever.......im walking from gva in future
ski holidays
Corduroy:

Probably a good idea. You never know who you might get stuck on a bus with. Imagine, you sit down and then next to you arrives this character with corks round his bobble hat smelling of Fosters at ten am. who greets you with

"G'day cobber! corrr starve the flaming lizards mate this is better than the last mob I tried to travel with. Pommy Fitzwilliams tried to rip me off, well, you don't get the better of a bloke who's rich, arrogant and brilliant, so I told them, I said......."

And then you hit a traffic jam.
latest report
thirty06, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
thirty06, Brilliant Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Having just fallen into this epic brawl can someone explain wtf the issue is? As far as I can tell:

1) man calls cab company giving an agreed time, date and place for pick up
2) cab company (later) confirms no prior deposit is needed i.e.: all they need is time, date and place for pick up
3) cab company then fails to show up at said time/place
4) man loses it big time on many social media outlets breaking about ten French laws.

What else did the cab company need from the man to make a booking? Seems to me that all the necessary information was given and if a London cab firm did not show up after I gave them the same info, I'd go spare at them. Given the situation, as a dispatcher I would have sent a cab to the place agreed just in case OR called the hotel reception - they'd just given the bloke a key, they'd know who he was - and enquired if the cab was still needed.

I agree the man subsequently acted as a plonker but I don't think it was unreasonable for him to expect the cab to show up given his ignorance of the cab company's exact booking procedures. From the consensus description by both parties as to what happened, I would have thought I had made a valid booking. Also am I alone in thinking the 'Andrew' cab company dude referring to himself in the third person is a bit odd? Seems to me that the cab firm dropped the ball and if they needed any further info, they knew how to get it.

Am I missing something?
latest report
Quote:

Am I missing something?

The fact that there was quite a lot of BS. You'll find OP's story next to that of Lance Armstrong's in the fiction section.
Of those 4 points, about the only one that even remotely seems to add up is point (4).
snow conditions
RattytheSnowRat wrote:
Am I missing something?

Yes, unfortunately you are missing the secretly recorded video footage. Evidently, the computer likes to have email address and payment or it says "no".
ski holidays
This thread is exactly why whenever I book something like this, a flight, whatever I always end the call with something along the lines of "So that's all booked and confirmed then. The coach will be here at 8."
ski holidays
That's fine, but I'd avoid booking a coach if you want a flight (unless it's got wings)
latest report
Laughing

ski holidays
Bode Swiller,

now I'm geting really confused:

"We do not, and our reservation system does not allow us to, take 'deposits'" was what the cab company stated above and they do not mention anything about an e-mail address. Did the bloke know this or not? From what was stated about his original trip I would guess that he did not provide e-mail details and, if not, then in his position I would not assume that they were needed subsequently unless expressly told that they were. It's a cab ride - would you assume they needed your e-mail address to allow you on-board? I wouldn't.

andy, I agree he sounds like a real dickhead but I was trying to put myself in his position before the B/S outpouring.

If it was me, then I'd make damn certain I had a booking reference for that pick-up before assuming the booking was complete BUT from what I read it looks to me as though the cab company dropped the ball as well. The real issue is whether the punter could have known that additional information was needed. The cab company is whining that their procedure was not finished - my question is: how could the punter know that at the time? From the information both sides agree was given, I would have thought I had a booking. The cab company just wiped their hands of the whole issue becasue it suited them to do so at the time - if they had been less busy, you can bet they would have chased up.

I think everyone one is pounduing on the guy becasue of the subsequent B/S and his general idiocy - no one is asking how they would feel if they had been left with their @rse in the snow at 6.30 a.m. whilst trying to get to a flight because some taxi dispatcher neglected to inform him of the full required booking procedure and failed to chase up. At the prices they are charging I would expect much, much better service form the cab company.
snow report
RattytheSnowRat wrote:
Bode Swiller,

now I'm geting really confused:

I think everyone one is pounduing on the guy becasue of the subsequent B/S and his general idiocy - no one is asking how they would feel if they had been left with their @rse in the snow at 6.30 a.m. whilst trying to get to a flight because some taxi dispatcher neglected to inform him of the full required booking procedure and failed to chase up. At the prices they are charging I would expect much, much better service form the cab company.

29 Euros seems to be the price.
latest report
When I want a transfer from say Kitzbuhel to Munich, I just call the local taxi guy (Andi's Taxi or whatever they are called) and tell them where we are staying and how many passengers and what time the flight is. He tells me what the best pick up time will be. We agree the price. They turn up. I pay the driver. There's no paperwork, no advance payment, no drama, just that old fashioned thing called trust.
snow conditions
rogg wrote:
This thread is exactly why whenever I book something like this, a flight, whatever I always end the call with something along the lines of "So that's all booked and confirmed then. The coach will be here at 8."

That's fairly clear lads if i book something like this (a transfer), I always end the call with something along the lines of "So that's all booked and confirmed then. The coach will be here at 8"

Obviously if i book a flight I would end with "So that's all booked and confirmed then, departure is from XXX airport at XXX time"

If there are any other eventualities not covered by the above I reserve the right to more or less flexible call closing statements to cover the aforementioned variation in call contents, however the basis of allowing the vendor to confirm my booking remains key. Laughing
ski holidays
Quote:

At the prices they are charging I would expect much, much better service form the cab company.

but it's not a cab company, it's a very cheap coach transfer service - which the OP had used to get to Chamonix in the first place., the question why he hadn't just bought a return and booked his pick up time at the outset was never answered.

His final cab fare was 10 times the prices (and a rip off at that, they must have seen him coming).

Last time I read the relevant bits of the thread (and I can't bear to read it again) the transfer company flatly denied any booking had been made.

No sensible conclusion can be drawn from the information available.
ski holidays
Bode Swiller wrote:
There's no paperwork, no advance payment, no drama, just that old fashioned thing called trust.

Yes but this surely would not fit in with Chamexpress' business policy of taking

Chamexpress wrote:
the 'Alan Sugar'/'Duncan Bannatyne' approach

wink

In reality, some people mess other people about. Most local taxi firms don't ask for deposits/advanced payment, but I don't think it's unfair of a transfer business like Chamexpress to do so. Most local taxi firms don't charge €300, though, so either he was thoroughly ripped off or telling fibs about the amount he had to pay.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy