Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Warm gloves for a lady?

Poster: A snowHead
It's been asked before I'm sure my search-wu is low today. If it has, please just point me to the most recent relevant info.

I've been asked to look out for some warm gloves for a lady. She has a cold hand problem. Extra points if they're white, pink or (even better) white and pink. Personally I'm not sure white is a good colour for a glove so she should consider black with pink detailing too (but I'm not sure she will).

Budget - she's had cheap gloves before and will spend more if she has to but they've got to be worth it. (does that helps?)

Any recommendations???
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I bought my OH a pair of Ladies Dakine Omni Ski Gloves which have a lining inner, she now swears by the Dakine gloves, really warm.
The pair I brought were about 35 quid and in a turqoise colour.
Also bought my son a pair of Dakine snowboarding gloves, and he also has stated how warm they are......so my recommondation is DAKINE..

Good luck
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I like rooster hot hands sailing gloves, they are fine for spring skiing on their own and when it is seriously icy cold I wear them under my mittens. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good quality (needn't be expensive - T K Maxx is your friend) mitts, with "tea bag" warmers inside.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Higs, you don't need search fu, you only need to use this Very Happy

And my 2p: mitts are warmer than gloves.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I have extremely cold hands - and when I am not skiing - and the current pair are Hestra, mitts with separate finger linings inside - and I use the tea bags each and every day so far this year.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've recommended some of these (and separate merino liners)....

http://www.blisssnowboards.co.uk/17857/products/hestra_anja_p%C3%A4rson_pro_mittens_white_cerise.aspx
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Higs, the Hestra fibrefill insulation is not warm. Choose mitts or gloves with Primaloft insulation.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Zero-G wrote:
Higs, the Hestra fibrefill insulation is not warm. Choose mitts or gloves with Primaloft insulation.

I have Hestra gloves and second this. They were CRAP for last trip.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I just invested in a pair of women's Level Type mitts. Not cheap, but well made - leather with primaloft insulation - and kept my hands toasty last week. Level make lots of gloves/mitts with primaloft at various prices, but they are not as widely available in the UK, so I stumped up for mine in resort.

Don't forget, mitts are warmer than gloves, don't get them too tight as the restriction makes hands cold.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Warm gloves for a lady?

Seems like a fair swap
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
feef, Toofy Grin Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Higs, In my opinion you get what you pay for with gloves, don't skimp and always ensure they are dry and warm in the morning. I have been through lots of different makes and fillings over the years as I suffer with cold hands and feet and my best (warmest and most waterproof) ones are by Phoenix and they cost me £45 about 3 years ago. I have also a slightly larger but less waterproof pair - for cold but dryer days - with which I can wear silk liners. When they both wear out I shall go for mittens with internal fingers but you can't do zips/tissues/sweets etc so well with mittens. This is a pain if you have kids to be attended to.
Now I'm working on building up a stock of merino wool socks for my cold feet....but aren't they expensive! I always look in TKMaxx where I got a £50 merino wool base layer for £15 last month.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
"Warm gloves for a lady?

Seems like a fair swap"

GENIUS
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

I bought my OH a pair of Ladies Dakine Omni Ski Gloves which have a lining inner, she now swears by the Dakine gloves, really warm.
The pair I brought were about 35 quid and in a turqoise colour.
Also bought my son a pair of Dakine snowboarding gloves, and he also has stated how warm they are......so my recommondation is DAKINE..

Good luck

I second Dakine. I have a pair with separate inner liners. The best gloves I have ever had.
ski holidays
Seems like a silly question but am going to ask it anyway - who stocks Dakine in the UK or shall I use direct online service? Google wasn't really my friend (or I was incompetent) in this case.

OH has incredibly cold hands - she gets chilblains despite being in her twenties - and I've said I will buy her a good pair of gloves ahead of our first trip this year (being cold has been her excuse for not trying skiing before). Dakine look like they might be a good bet.

Thanks!
latest report
Curzonian, get her some teabag handwarmers too - they are essential, IMV, for anyone who really suffers from cold hands. I have a friend with the warmest (and very expensive) mitts they could produce Au Vieux Campeur in Albertville but he still needs the teabags as well. Get them started before you leave the house, and they will last all day.
snow report
pam w, thanks - will definitely do that
ski holidays
Sometimes get them on ebay as I did, I have these and they are still on ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dakine-Omega-Glove-Strata-/330839157370?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Skiing_Snowboarding_Clothing_LE&var=&hash=item4d078cea7a
but Twoseasons also stock them.. Laughing
ski holidays
Higs, cold hands or Reynaud's?

My wife has the latter and would have had to give up skiing (after 36 years, and she is still quite keen) if we had not discovered Klan heated glove liners. Most heated gloves only heat the palm/back of the hand. The Klan kit is designed for bike riders and the elements surround the fingers.

Awesome. You can get them in the UK.
snow conditions
If anyone is looking for warm gloves for next season, Sport Pursuit are currently flogging a load of Level stock which quite frankly are the dog's danglies for the price they're asking! They can be tricky to get hold of in the UK as most retailers only stock a small range (I paid a large number of Euros for mine out in resort, but they rendered my silk inners unnecessary, so no complaints from me).

For warmth, take a look at the Radiators, Classic mitts, Mummies (probably the warmest they make), or the Kali (pockets on the back for tea bag warmer thingies).

Collecting your tips here if you don't mind Cool
snow report
Hestra Mitts- I have reynauds and my fingers are cold at the best of times but these work
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy