Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Menuires During French School Holidays

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have just realised that our annual boys ski weekend (6-10 March) coincides with French School Hols.

We are staying in Les Menuires as we thought it would give us quick access to Val Thorens, Meribel and beyond plus it's close to one of my favourite runs, Jerusalem.

We can't reschedule so we just need to stick with it.

Is it as bad as people make it out to be (queues, busy runs etc)? Any tips?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was there over New Year, bottle necks were all at ski school pick ups, so get up early and get up the hill on the first lift. After lunch we had a 10 minute queue for the main lifts, but on the whole much better than people lead me to believe.

Going up La Masse is worth while, the first lift was a bun fight but there after all good.

The only other tip is the self service place on the corner is the worst place to eat/ drink and more expensive than the better places. Its got green hoarding from memory.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My best tip is to start before the ski schools, take a break/snack around 1130, then ski all through the lunch hour. Take a second break at the time when they all pour out of the restaurants and the afternoon ski schools begin (actually, I'd probably give up for the day at that time, but you are probably made of sterner stuff).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I use a similar formula to pam. I don't think you'll have a problem if you set your expectations realistically. There is so much terrain that you can quickly get spread out away from the bottlenecks. You're unlikely to be skiing straight onto every lift, but I doubt you'll need to queue for more than a few minutes for most of the day.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you take your lunch at lunchtime, along with the French, you'll queue for that, too. wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We were there for New Year, so everyone was on holiday! Resort busy and a few lift queues at peak times (ski school), but easy to avoid as others suggest. Up on the slopes no problem, easy to get away from the crowds, we even had Jerusalem to ourselves. La Masse became a favourite and was mostly very quiet. But when we headed over toward Meribel it was very different, slopes very busy with too fast, out of control idiots. Just head out early and come back early or late to avoid the crowds skiing back to resort at the end of the day, you definitely wont find it a problem.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I would happily go there in Jan, but never in school holidays again. Sorry to be negative; also, if you have your own skis lock them up; La Masse is the only place I have met someone who had their skis stolen. Plan your days away from resort centers, and as above, ski through lunch.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the tips everyone - haven't been in the 3Vs for 5 years now so really looking forward to it.

Plus never been up to La Masse so will definitely give that a go.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy