Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski lessons Alpe D'Huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Somehow I've got lumbered with the organising of the next group trip. We'll have three adult beginners with us. They're looking at the Crystal starter package:
£354 for skis/boots, 6 mornings lessons and ski pass.

That's not actually a bad deal, I *think*.
Ski pass is: £188.72
6 mornings ESF is: £130.27

Which leaves about £35 for the kit hire.

I was wondering whether they'll get dire DIRE kit, or it could be OK for complete beginners? And whether there's any alternative to ESF? Maybe I've been unlucky in the past, but I've not had brilliant lessons with ESF. They've not been dreadful (though one course did involve a friend translating for the instructor as soon as he realised she spoke French), but I haven't progressed with them nearly as fast as I did with other schools. I looked for a British ski school, and there is one in the area, but their courses are only 3 mornings, and aren't much cheaper.

Any advice? Am I being too harsh on ESF?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The British ski schools are invariably more expensive per hour than ESF. Might still be good value, of course, with smaller groups and probably better instruction. But having lessons for 6 day is quite a good idea for beginners - they need the hours on snow - and those "learn to ski" packages are quite good value. I should think the equipment will be fine. for your ease of organisation, I think I'd go with the Crystal package. If your beginners are only occupied for 3 mornings, they will probably take up more of your time. wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Crystal were surprisingly good for us in Sauze - hire shop was the one I would have picked myself. I think it might be that in alpD there is a reduced price beginners pass that the ski schools use, check ESF direct as also for a group of 3 you get 30% off the 3rd set of lessons. Probably means there is more allocated to kit hire than you expect.

That said using the tourop deal is easy, and they will take the strain of making sure your beginners know where to go Wink

aj xx
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks and thanks! Happy

I'll ask about the pass, would suck if they were limited. Two are jiu-jitsu instructors, so they'll learn fast. Or I'll mock them.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
OliviaDB, used Crystal recently for ski hire, and first impressions were that the gear was a bit duff. I said as much, in my best Italian, to the ski shop bloke. He did not say a thing but ran his thumbnail along the edge and produced a loverly curly shaving reminiscent of school woodwork. They were excellent to ski on...One thing that seems to be a constant with almost all ski hire is you book a silver or gold or whatever and your mate books another category, and you end up with exactly the same ski. Boring storytime over - I'd suggest that deal you have is a pretty decent one. Oh, and let us know how you get on skiing le Tunnel Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy